So who has added and canceled DHPP?

smokey982

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
People keep posting about adding the DHPP and then canceling after they get their new equipment installed. But has anyone actually done this? I find it hard to believe that Dish would let you cancel this so soon after work has been completed without some kind of cancellation fee or something.

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
As of February 1, this year, there is a $25 fee to cancel. Too many people caught on apparently....

gdarwin

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
I've had it from day one.... Makes for hassle free service calls.

F

fletchmath

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 26, 2008
I did this a few months ago, at the recommendation of a CSR!! I was shocked when she suggested it, but she told me I could spend $xx on the service call, or add DHPP right then, and not pay anything. It was the silliest thing ever.

ronfelder

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
I did this a few months ago, at the recommendation of a CSR!! I was shocked when she suggested it, but she told me I could spend $xx on the service call, or add DHPP right then, and not pay anything. It was the silliest thing ever.

Over the ten years i've had dish i've done it numerous times. Previously they didn't care.

J

jimjo3298

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 25, 2007
Fremont Nebraska
if you own a DVR and don't have DHPP a new receiver can be costly with no DHPP. Yes you can get a refurb and most replacements are. But i'd rather pay the $72 a year apposed to more than that for 1 dvr replacement.

ronfelder

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
if you own a DVR and don't have DHPP a new receiver can be costly with no DHPP. Yes you can get a refurb and most replacements are. But i'd rather pay the $72 a year apposed to more than that for 1 dvr replacement.

If you don't have the protection you'll just pay for the shi[[ing to get the replacement unit. It's free with the insurance. Been there done that.

B

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
I've had DHPP ever since I went to a HD DVR. Since then had one receiver swap and 2 remotes replaced and one wing dish added for HD LiLs, all at no additional charge. Is it worth it? To me it is. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves...

F

finniganps

SatelliteGuys Family
May 24, 2005
I added it when I had a problem in January, then had another problem. Everything was free (including shipping) under the plan. Then I canceled it in February (only had to pay for one month). I did not have to pay the cancellation fee because I had added it before the new policy was in place.

V

vaylon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2009
virginia
I have done this several times and even with the new cancellation fee its still a good deal and yes they let you do it.