So Yummy channel on Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
New channel seems to have launched on Directv on channel 563. Thought it was an internet only channel like Cheddar but seems to be a normal satellite channel?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Ran a SHEF query on it, and it shows as an MPEG-4 SD channel on the Ka-lo band T11 satellite at 99W.

But it's sorta funny in that I notice the picture is slightly jerky during movements as though it's is an internet fed program coming through DIRECTV's "Play From Beginning" feature or some other.

EDIT: Oh, it's also ("very") wrongly labeled in the in the guide as a 1080p HD channel. ....

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: raoul5788
Ran a SHEF query on it, and it shows as an MPEG-4 SD channel on the Ka-lo band T11 satellite at 99W.

But it's sorta funny in that I notice the picture is slightly jerky during movements as though it's is an internet fed program coming through DIRECTV's "Play From Beginning" feature or some other.

EDIT: Oh, it's also ("very") wrongly labeled in the in the guide as a 1080p HD channel. ....

Correction: The "So Yummy" channel is actually on the Ka-hi band T14 satellite at 99W ....

My bad ....

Ew, such a blurry SD channel... lol
Yeah, that and like most DIRECTV SD channels nowadays it's in 16:9 letterbox format. Which of course translates into a windowbox image on HD/UHD screens unless you zoom in on it. ...

Which in turn naturally makes the already over-compressed image an even bigger blurry mess. ...