Soccer on FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I understand you can get GolTV on Dish 110, are there other channels that are a sure thing to get that carry games, preferably European or upcoming world cup qualifiers? I'm in DC if that matters.

I see that hispasat 1c ( http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa1c.html ) has some channels from Spain listed with possible coverage in America, can these be picked up here?
Thanks.

Sure can, if you can see the satellite from where you are. I just came across this channel again the other night. Not sure if they show LIVE soccer but when I tuned in they were showing a game from the 70's

There is some soccer on analog KU so if you can come across and old analog receiver I am sure you will find it money well spent.

RTP Internacional América from Portugal carries some soccer.

Ohio News Network is carrying some Columbus MLS games.

The OTA Telemundo and Telefutura stations carry soccer from Mexico.

I saw some soccer on one of the Arabic/Farsi IA5 channels a few months ago, so there might be more there.

More Soccer

I looked at programming on "TV de Galicia" on Hispasat 1C and it looks like they also air Primera Liga (Spain) games--one showing up for tomorrow. I have determined that I can see this satellite from a potential dish location. I'm in DC. Can someone comment on the chances of my picking this up? Thanks.

picking up the satellite? pretty good

I am in MN and PSB is too and we both can pick it up with really no issues

Hi experts!

- Can you pick up GolTV with a KU Universal LNBF or you have to have a circular polarized (DirecTV/Dishnetwork) LNB ? I'm confused after reading this thread: ...... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=66726
- Does GolTV show games in major cups (world's and Europe's or Latin America's,...)

Thanks from a big soccer fan!

You will need a DirecTV/Dishnotwork LNB.

They show mainly footy from South America/Spain.

Go to www.soccertv.com , scroll down and select "GolTV," shows their schedule for the next 8 days. They showed EUFA Cup games this year (only the final left, I believe), are strongest on Primera Liga, and also show Seria A. Not sure about Cup Qualifiers, will be busy this summer in preparation for Germany 2006.

Perfect! All I have to do now is to go buy a "DirecTV/Dishnotwork LNB" (sic)
Many Thanks !!!

"sometimes (on those BT Tower feed channels)

you'll need a universal LNB"

What does this mean?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts