Soccer world cup games this friday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

granadaguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2009
Michigan
Two games 30w 11909v 7200. ( you need a hd box ).
I have not checked the SatMex sats. most likely will be showing the games as well.

Enjoy.

Granadaguy.

well most channels on that uruguayan mux are encrypted since recently. An hd box only like the SV 8000HD does not cut it BTW , it has to be 8PSK capable like the CS 8XXX or AZbox. But heck If you only have a regular SD receiver and a dish pointed to 30W already you might as well watch all the games live (with encores every night) on Tele Rebelde and some of them like this friday on Canal Educativo 2. Spanish audio with cuban comentators though. Encores are at 8 pm but this weekend Cuba is facing Germany on the Volleyball World League therefore they will be after those volley games at 10:30 pm roughly.

If you have C band then Univision @ 91W and 119W are your birds. Enjoy!.

ViCA @ SatMex 5 will have every game, and SNT on 113ºW will have a lot of games, i had a chat with people i know from ViCA and they told me they were arranging something to "air" those overlaping games on their website because they have full coverage of the World Cup, similarly a guy i know who works for SNT Paraguay told me they were gonna show most of the games either at SNT or at their other channel (also at 113ºW).

Acquaintances and crystal balls, what would we do without them? LOL, they're the feed hunter's best friend.

There has been a lot of Pre-World Cup coverage on the "Al Kass" channel (97 W) - in English!

Last night commentators on Tele Rebelde were talking all about the World Cup and their whole coverage on Educativo 2 (weekdays) as well as Tele Rebelde (weekends) as hd fan mentioned earlier. I´m not so convinced over their soccer narrating knowledge or experience, but hey, they are showing the games for free!

Does any caucasian care about soccer? or is it just the international folks here at the forum

Not to mention that there are many caucasians OUTSIDE of the US and Canada... lol

Jogon64 wait till you hear them narrate, lol.

Well to be fair it is not that it is too bad after all , just that if you have the option to listen to a broadcast from another spanish speaking country like argentina , mexico , spain just to name a few , then in my opinion those commentators are better. This young cuban guys have improved over the years but in the same way that I can not even listen for 2 seconds to baseball commentators from Colombia (Tele Caribe), Puerto Rico , Dominican Republic, Mexico and any other spanish speaking country (even the ESPN Deportes guys) I cant listen to the soccer cuban guys as well, knowing and feeling that the rest of the world has something better to offer. We suck at soccer on every level but in the case of baseball those are another 20 dollars. We excell on it (tv and radio narration included) and has always done it, ever since the USA marines and cubans studing in the states brought the wonderful game to cuba over 100 years ago. As we use to say, the US invented the game but we have perfected it, or at least we beleive so, lol. Just to mention one cuban player , Martin Dihigo , the one and only baseball player in the world to be a leader of the pitchers and batters at the same time not only in Cuba but also in several other leagues in other countries (Mexico I remember). It is also the only player member of the hall of fame of several countries like US, Cuba , Mexico, DR and Venezuela. No wonder we call him The Inmortal and the rest of the world The Master. Too bad Castro's media have only focuse their attention in the Cuba after 1959 therefore for most young cubans Omar Linares would be the best all times cuban player yet eventhough he was a great one no one has ever come close to the Inmortal. He played in the 20 and 30's and since he was black and racism was rampant in the World he could only play in the Negro Leagues in the states. wow! was this about soccer or what , lol!.

Jogon64, Did you watch last night on Tele Rebelde the almost 1 hour long interview to Leonel Messi (made by not only that Enzo Francescolli). If not, try to watch it online or some other way. It was a good one and it goes to show you once again that natural talented athletes not only on the field but outside of it, also excel and stand out of the crowd shining with their own light. Once again I will be cheering for Italy , but Argentina deserves it, this kid deserves it and more importantly the whole world and the millions of fans deserve it as well. I feel Messi will be the star of the games and even their opponent fans will enjoy it. Imagine a final , Argentina - Spain? , Will Messi ruin the possibly one and only hope and good chance the Spain has ever had and probably will ever have in the next few years?. Will see , in any case it will be another great soccer world cup for us to enjoy.

BTW , The Cuban TV, between games is going to show reports or interviews or you name it , all soccer and this world cup related, to fill the gap between games. It is supposed to be Soccer and nothing but Soccer on almost every cuban home during the next month. The best 2 matches every day will have an encore at nightstarting at 7 or 8 pm I think. So have your recorder ready.

BTW I think Galavision East HD will have the openning ceremony on thursday night (or some sort of big concert) at 8pm , they are ITC now on test on the 135W mux. Enjoy.

Ah , BTW , not to go against Mikhel or Pjcl or anyone posting another tv station broadcasting the soccer games , but most tv channels available FTA are bandwith starved with lots of macroblocking in sporting events , yet the cuban channels with the proper 27500 SR has way better picture quality (too bad they sometimes, even 60 years ago after the first Cuban TV station 1950 started, still have some ground loop issues on some channels). Have every electrician left Cuba to Miami or what , lol!!!.

Lets all enjoy the sport .

just that if you have the option to listen to a broadcast from another spanish speaking country like argentina , mexico , spain just to name a few , then in my opinion those commentators are better. This young cuban guys have improved over the years but in the same way that I can not even listen for 2 seconds to baseball commentators from Colombia (Tele Caribe), Puerto Rico , Dominican Republic,

Very well said hd I agree with you. I just posted the feed at 30w cause thats the channel I was watching the other day ( to anyone who enjoys soccer and was able to watch it with an azbox or alike ) and as far as I know Uruguay has a long history in the game and know a little about it ( soccer is not the number one sport in Cuba...far from it ).

By the way the last time I was in Europe ( Spain ) FUTBOL is the number one sport there..... and YES most spaniards are white caucasians.... I rest my case.

Enjoy the event everybody.

Granaday.

And the one and only time I was in Spain even the girls kicked my ass playing soccer , lol , and it still is not funny when I remember it but this is a free country so I laugh, lol. And I used to play soccer in Cuba a lot even against tourists (mostly italians) since I lived close to a resort. So that gives you an idea how bad we are playing the game , lol.

pjcl, I do not remeber saying anything about any games being blocked on any particular channel. although it could be the case that the now recently encrypted channels on the Uruguayan mux became encrypted because of the FIFA world cup , who knows?. Too much of a coincedence , no? , although I remember they also encrypted those some time ago for awhile.

In any case , caucasian or not , like the guy from Granada says, Enjoy the games!.

BTW Galavision HD East at 135W will have the encore of 1 game every night at 9:30 pm.

BTW Galavision HD East at 135W will have the encore of 1 game every night at 9:30 pm.

LOL I count on it! I was just wondering if in the past they have made any changes to the signal so we couldn't watch the games, for example, on Azteca (93W). I'm limited to KU, so... does anyone remember what happened in 2006 for the World Cup in Germany? I was in Europe at the time, so I don't know what the FTA scene looked like that summer...

Does any caucasian care about soccer? or is it just the international folks here at the forum

I don't know, i know a lot of caucasian people born in México, Argentina, Chile, Brazil who are really crazy about soccer and i also know a lot of non-caucasian who are not into soccer, like blacks and indigenous people from the US (you know? the real original inhabitants of the US), and from what i remember from my genetics courses, due to migration race nowadays doesn't determine where you were born.

P.S.
From what i remember, soccer it's pretty big in England and there are a LOT of caucasian people.

PJCL: If they (Univisión) end their testing period and decide to either change it back to Univisión/Telefutura or close the channel altogether it'll be the worst that could happen to those people who want to watch it on HD in spanish in the US.

BUT take into account there's other option for the spanish talking friends: KWKW Radio at 97ºW will have most of the world cup broadcasted, so if those people 'find' the HD feeds that have been HOT since at least a couple of weeks now, they could pretty well turn the volume down on the TV and use the radio broadcast at 97ºW as their source.

M.

Two games 30w 11909v 7200. ( you need a hd box ).
I have not checked the SatMex sats. most likely will be showing the games as well.

Enjoy.

Granadaguy.
Is SonicView HD8000 ready for that? or you need to install DVB-S2 module?

World cup on Satmex5

Is SonicView HD8000 ready for that? or you need to install DVB-S2 module?

If you can not receive that feed at 30w, check 3884 5208 v on satmex5, showing the S. Corea vs Geece right now, also Argentina vs Nigeria at 10 am later this morning.

Enjoy.

Granadaguy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)