SodaStream stock & sales down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What is the future of SodaStream?

• They will continue to grow.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They will continue at about the level of sales of today.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are a fad, and will decline and disappear.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Follow the link.

"...surrendered 26 percent of their value on Monday..."

"...Flavor sales actually declined in the U.S. in SodaStream's third quarter, and it doesn't seem as if the category did all that well in its latest quarter...."

I've tried to find someone giving out samples, even contacting SodaStream, to no avail. I used to have Charlie-O, a similar system, and was happy with it. But I need to taste a few flavors before buying. Has anyone ever seen samples being given out?

So what do you think? Will SodaStream soldier on, continuing to grow, or have they saturated the market and will stay in business at about this level? Or will they decline, as they are a fad?

I love my Sodastream (It is built into my Samsung Fridge)

Look like they sold well here for Christmas, as the shelf's were empty including flavors.

I am still looking for a group with enough members so that we can buy REAL flavors (such as REAL Coke) yet not have a 10 gallon bag in a box go to waste. :D

I used to buy cans of Coca-Cola syrup once in a while, for the Charlie-O (hope I've got that name right). It was WAY too much for just the two of us, and some went to waste, but it was "the real thing."

I just don't want to chance getting something that doesn't taste right to me, or have the company go under, leaving me with useless equipment. Again. Not sure I EVER got rid of that CO[SUB]2[/SUB] bottle and all the plastic bottles and caps..

I see at as nothing more than a fad.As fast paced as life is these days,people don't/won't take the time to fool with it.Grabbing a can out of the fridge is so much easier.

I bought one after christmas this year and honestly it was not what I expected. The flavors just seem "off" to me. Perhaps if I could find some real brand name syrups to try, but without that, the sodas anyway are going to waste for my tastes.

I havent tried the fruitier varieties yet.

The flavors are close, the trick is to use the right amount of syrup. A little off could throw the taste off.

I tried several different "doses". First time I used the exact amount they said, second I added more, third I added less. Seems like it was more off each time. lol

I may give it a try again at some point.

I'd checked into getting a setup when they first came out and it'd seemed kinda pricey. My wife was asking about getting one again just the other day, but when I'd looked before I think it was something like $20ish for the carbonater and $70ish for the syrup, and whatever for the machine. How does it compare price wise to actually buying soda?

I never drink soda myself, but my wife drinks a ton of soda. If it's not way off price wise from buying regular soda, I'd probably get one for the convenience factor and not having cases of soda around all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)