Sodastream

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Not sure where to put this so I'll stick it here. It's a non-electronic gadget.

I bought one of these dispensers about a month ago and just love it. Stores have been raising the price of sparkling water every month now and since we drink lots of simple Pellegrino or Perrier I decided to start saving by getting one of these.

They are very simple to use. Just fill a one liter special high pressure bottle to the mark with good quality drinking water. ( We have a home water purifier from Kinetico that takes city water and filters out all the organics, Chlorine and Florine for a very pure taste.) Then you screw the bottle into the dispenser tight and give the water a couple bursts until it sounds an alarm and then release the extra pressure. Unscrew the bottle and you have a liter of sparkling water for about $.25 vs, a $1.89 for the imported brand. The dispenser comes in all sorts of sizes but the best bargain I found was at BJ's for $89. Thos model takes the largest size CO2 canister similar to what is sold in the stores for $179. The smaller canister one that will cost you more over the long haul for CO2 is $99 so the model at BJ's is a good bargain.
You can also make really good tasting soft drinks and Soda Stream has lots of flavors for $4.99 a bottle. These add about another $.25 per liter or $50 total. This isn't such a great savings considering the cheap cost of Cokes or Pepsi's in 12 oz cans these days but if you like specialties like diet Raspberry or even need to save huge on the energy vitamin waters, Sodastream is really a treasure. You can find Sodastream at many retailers like Target, Sears, Bed Bath and Beyond etc. but here I found an industrial gas company had the best prices and largest selection of flavors and accessories. Often 2/3 what the stores were selling them for. Plus the cost of the gas refills was about 25% cheaper. Only the dispenser is a bargain at BJ's Pays to search the sources out and you can save even more. In 6 weeks the savings on all drinks, especially the sparkling water we are break even now.

I had a system like that, back when you could buy a can of coke syrup. Company went bust. Don't care to be burned again.

I had a system like that, back when you could buy a can of coke syrup. Company went bust. Don't care to be burned again.

I looked into the non-brand syrup too but could not find enough incentive on cost so I just buy the Soda Stream syrup now. But, most of my beverage choice is just water and the gas.
Also, the Soda Stream diet syrups are made with no aspartame which is better health-wise than the real canned diet drinks.

As for getting burned when the company goes under, if you have already recouped your initial investment, like I have, then there is no getting burned.

I have two SodaStreams. I keep one at home and one at the office. I absolutely love them. I tend to drink just plain sparkling water most of the time (without the syrups).

That being said, I'm thinking about getting rid of the one at home and setting up a real CO2 system.

We had a real soda fountain in the house when I was growing up.

The main issue is syrups, they really are only good for 3-6 months, so you have to use them. I have considered one for the house, since I have restaurants, I could get small amounts of syrup to stay in the usage windows. You also have to regularly clean the heads.

I have two SodaStreams. I keep one at home and one at the office. I absolutely love them. I tend to drink just plain sparkling water most of the time (without the syrups).

That being said, I'm thinking about getting rid of the one at home and setting up a real CO2 system.

Sodastream has announced a restaurant system. Not sure when it will be coming out in the US. I understand they are already in use in Europe. They also are coming out with a Sodastream brand water purifier for tapwater. I have no details on these but it was just recently announced by the company president.

I have a soda stream, but hardly use it as the price of syrup isn't that good of a deal. However, I have found really good prices occasionaly at Sears and Kohls. These things are very popular in western Europe, and have been for over 10 years, so I doubt there is much chance of them going under. One huge plus is the syrups use sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Also, the cola flavor actually tastes very good, I prefer it to Coke, but not Pepsi though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts