Software Lockups in the 722 vL621

gwangell

Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Roanoke, Va
The past two mornings my 722 has been locked up on the screensaver. I have had to do a reset to get it to restore. Has anyone else experienced this? I have also been experiencing the aspect ratio problems on TV2 which is restored with a switch from single to dual and back to single...but I have to do this everyday also. I have software L621. Does this seem to be a problem with this software release?

Mine loses the satellite signal on a regular basis;every day or so. Anyone else seen that?

Here too. Especially when in the DVR screen I notice lockups. At least 5 a day. My wife thinks its since I began using the new groups feature it has happened.

My TV1 is on 62 and TV2 is on 22. Caller ID is not being used. I am also now experiencing problems with my DVR...when erasing programming the receiver will stop working for 15 - 30 seconds. This has all started since the upgrade to L621...I had absolutely no problems prior to that.

My TV1 is on 62 and TV2 is on 22. Caller ID is not being used. I am also now experiencing problems with my DVR...when erasing programming the receiver will stop working for 15 - 30 seconds. This has all started since the upgrade to L621...I had absolutely no problems prior to that.

oops.
I meant, what channel are the different tuners currently viewing. On my system, if I leave TV2 on an OTA, my receiver will sometimes stop operating if the OTA signal is lost.

Only have one receiver and have been using the groups for a long time. I will disable the groups and see if that helps. Whatever they did Friday night is what screwed my system up and it seems to be the upgrade to the new software. Thanks for the responses

FYI...Just talked to Dish Tech Support. Seems as though my software upgrade was done on 6/16 and my problems started on 6/17. They are getting progressively worse. I have noticed that when the groups feature is not being used, as "hrxtreme" suggested, the problems are not as severe. Dish is sending me a replacement receiver as they seem to think that the HDD may be going out. I think that the software upgrade is buggy...or maybe the upgrade did not load correctly due to a bad hard drive. I'll post back if the new receiver takes care of my problems. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)