SoftWare Update: v.281

goaliebob99 said:
got it in chicago today... all though not all locals have it..
You should have everything except for WFBT, WGN 1 and 2 & WTTW 1 HD. I emailed tech support regarding no guide info. on these channels. They advised me to rescan the OTA digitals. Also they said that all of the bugs have not been worked out. Rescanning the digitals did not work. One thing nice is that after a rescan you don't have to rename the channels.

From what I've been reading, it seems like there is guide info in the markets where Dish has locals already up. Most people that don't have guides don't have dish locals, these markets should be added down the road, but the local data that already existed was probably easiest to add first.

BFG said:
From what I've been reading, it seems like there is guide info in the markets where Dish has locals already up. Most people that don't have guides don't have dish locals, these markets should be added down the road, but the local data that already existed was probably easiest to add first.

Not so. The Lincoln DMA is up on Dish, but the quide isn't there for OTA. It is up in Omaha and the guide datas is there.

BFG said:
I have locals and the 2.81 update. The locals all have correct guide info, but the OTA guide is only partially populated (PBS, FOX, ABC).

It seems to me like the guide info is only going out a few hours with this update, but before this update it would go out a few days. Anyone else notice this?

The clock is one of my peeves too. With a piece of equipment that is as sophisticated as this, why can't it keep time as well as a cheap $1.50 wrist watch?

redline65 said:
The clock is one of my peeves too. With a piece of equipment that is as sophisticated as this, why can't it keep time as well as a cheap $1.50 wrist watch?
Redline, there was a thread on clock issues awhile ago over at DBSTalk. Located here. The clock issue was based upon errors in PSIP data from the users local, if I recall correctly, NBC.

Jason

Jason, I don't think it's the broadcasters causing the time problem. I slowly lose time on my 811 when tuned to OTA channels, be they digital or analog (which has no PSIP data).

gpflepsen said:
Jason, I don't think it's the broadcasters causing the time problem. I slowly lose time on my 811 when tuned to OTA channels, be they digital or analog (which has no PSIP data).
Unfortunately the original poster never came back to report fix/progress. Did you read the thread? In the thread this info was pretty much consensus, but to your point never proven.

Jason

nippjas said:
Unfortunately the original poster never came back to report fix/progress. Did you read the thread? In the thread this info was pretty much consensus, but to your point never proven.

Jason

I read the thread. It seems that problem was caused by PSIP. Redline is describing (my assumption) the slow time fade when tuned to channels other than SAT channels. It seems when the 811 isn't connected to Dish, it is 'dead reckoning' the time-line. My 811 will be off by several minutes after an hour or so. How would this effect the timers when the 811 is left on OTA channels?

gpflepsen said:
I read the thread. It seems that problem was caused by PSIP. Redline is describing (my assumption) the slow time fade when tuned to channels other than SAT channels. It seems when the 811 isn't connected to Dish, it is 'dead reckoning' the time-line. My 811 will be off by several minutes after an hour or so. How would this effect the timers when the 811 is left on OTA channels?
There was a fix for timer firing, I speculate, but maybe this was part of that issue. Let me ask and get back to you on that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts