Software Updates for 522/625, 5xx, 111, 301, 322, 811, 381, 2700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Any updates on the 501/508/510 3.65 issues? I am struggling here.......

This morning I turned on the TV and the dish was locked up 5 minutes into recording a show. I tried to get out of it and it kept telling me I would have to switch to live mode and I kept clicking yes.....and it was not going anywhere.

Second time I actually had to unplug the PVR in 2 days. That makes 2 times in 4 years.......

I called dish and they denied there was an issue. Told me it was probably my hard drive (which was working fine until 3.65) Told me they would send me a 510 to replace it.

I asked about the DVR fee and they said I would have to pay it.

Soooooo......in summation: the 3.65 "patch" is really a "virus" used by dish to make more money by screwing all the 501/508 owners and force them to upgrade.........

I have a 501 (withupgraded HD) and a 508 and both have been a royal pain ince the 365 update. The DVR F-FWD and REW is erratic and jerky compared to before, the 508 has locked up and rebooted several times. Seems QA at Dish is non-existent. They keep updating the 5xx yet adding no new features, if it ain't don't fix it!! I called Dish and they said it was my hardware, yeah right 2 perfectly good working receivers one day, gte a software update the next and now it is a hardware issue.

I called dish and they denied there was an issue.

Soooooo......in summation: the 3.65 "patch" is really a "virus" used by dish to make more money by screwing all the 501/508 owners and force them to upgrade.........

I don't know which is pissing me off more, the "virus" software or the lying tech support with Dish.

I did find this recently when I filed a complaint with the BBB

The Denver BBB is the Headquarter Bureau for processing all Bureau complaints. EchoStar and the Denver BBB encourage consumers to contact EchoStar's designated customer relations contact at their Executive Offices, who can be reached at 1-866-319-4564 prior to filing a complaint through our office. EchoStar has committed to address these calls by providing consumers with an adequate response within two business days. If the matter is not addressed within the allotted time a formal complaint can be filed through our office by mail or by visiting our website at www.denverbbb.org.

Frostwolf,

Ok.....I worked it up to a 625 (from a 510) by calling that number..........but they would not waive the DVR fee. I tried to explain to them that the reason I was calling the BBB was BECAUSE of the DVR fee. Basically making me pay more for the same service.

Then I went off on a rant about how my $20 package is now $54 a month and how I have been with them for 9 years......blah blah blah.....

They would not waive the fee......

Ok.....I worked it up to a 625 (from a 510) by calling that number..........but they would not waive the DVR fee. I tried to explain to them that the reason I was calling the BBB was BECAUSE of the DVR fee. Basically making me pay more for the same service.

Then I went off on a rant about how my $20 package is now $54 a month and how I have been with them for 9 years......blah blah blah.....

They would not waive the fee......

...and they will add an additional receiver fee! I think I am going to explode!

Edit: There is version 3.66 waiting in the wings (I just got off the phone with tech support)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)