Software version H358

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to H358. My Joey3 client updated to J544. The caller ID and TV Enhancements got shut off on my Family Room Hopper3 receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received the H358 update about a week ago. This morning for the first time I had a persistent channel banner at the top of the screen no matter which channel I tuned to. It would not go away. I had to reset the H3/H+ to get it to start behaving properly. Anyone else see this happen? This was my first time seeing it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Received the H358 update about a week ago. This morning for the first time I had a persistent channel banner at the top of the screen no matter which channel I tuned to. It would not go away. I had to reset the H3/H+ to get it to start behaving properly. Anyone else see this happen? This was my first time seeing it.
These little glitches happen from time to time. A red button reset will usually fix them. If that doesn't work you can try a power plug reset.

These little glitches happen from time to time. A red button reset will usually fix them. If that doesn't work you can try a power plug reset.
Thanks. Yes, a reset from the menu on the H3 fixed it. I just had not had this issue happen before so I was just curious if anyone else had seen it and if this was a bug in the new H358 software release.

Thanks. Yes, a reset from the menu on the H3 fixed it. I just had not had this issue happen before so I was just curious if anyone else had seen it and if this was a bug in the new H358 software release.
Definitely seems a result of the H358 update. Has happened multiple times now. Found that opening an app on H+ then returning to live tv fixes it but it happens again seemingly randomly. Never saw it happen prior to the H358 update.

Reactions: charlesrshell
H3:
#1 Owned – H358
(the Redheaded Stepchild)

#2 Leased – H361
('nuff said)

UPDATE 092023:
At this very moment, my Owned H3 is being allowed to Force Update from H358. To what, we'll see . . .

H362

Last edited:
I experienced an issue with 358 that was also on the one of the last few recent versions with it. Basically I was transferring 2 x 1.5 hr SD recordings from the Hopper 3 to the External HDD, basically the process stopped as when trying to access the External HDD, it would have the green bar at like 75% of the way with maybe 0 minutes and 43 seconds remaining so I click on stop and it appears to be okay but ofcourse when trying to goto that External HDD from the DVR menu, it shows the same process with the 75% and the 0 minutes and 43 seconds remaining. Only way to fix it is with a reboot.