Software Version P3.07 for DVR 501/508 and DVR510

Not in the range mentioned

Quote from #23
"It posted current ranges: 43138481-53093002 70144572-70146830."

Does anyone have any idea when the upgrade will get to the people who are not listed in the range stated in post #23?
And how is it decided who gets the upgrade and who doesn't? It doesn't seem quite fair.

I am not in that range, obviously or I would not be asking. ;)
But from what I have seen in this thread so far, some of these people need to know so they can try to avoid it.

Thanks
BBear

boogerbear said:
Quote from #23
"It posted current ranges: 43138481-53093002 70144572-70146830."

Does anyone have any idea when the upgrade will get to the people who are not listed in the range stated in post #23?
And how is it decided who gets the upgrade and who doesn't? It doesn't seem quite fair.
Thanks
BBear

I have a feeling that the quoted ranges are for units that come under a special beta program. Note that nobody on this board has admitted to getting this upgrade yet. Even Scott's posting about VoD only needs to be considered a rumor at this point. All we know is that a test rollout of an intermediate release happened last week, and nothing since. If the rollout was continuing on a normal schedule, some of us would have seen it by now.

"If the rollout was continuing on a normal schedule, some of us would have seen it by now."

That's right! They haven't rolled out a second Partial Phase or Final Phase since March 15th. I haven't seen anyone report that they have received this upgrade, so one must assume that something is not right with this upgrade.

I read a post on another forum, by a fellow who forced the download.
He claimed it contained video on demand , along with some sort of managed deletion of those shows.

Yea, just another rumor.
Guess we'll know if we see it.
Doesn't sound particularly appealing to some of us users.

Only question I want an answer for: does it fix all the existing bugs?
Naw, most likely just gives us a lot of new ones. ;)

Well, P3.08 has been removed from the Tech. Portal. As long as they don't release software that's going to break the receivers, I guess it's good.

Looks like 2 aborted software releases so far. I hope the idea to add the VOD crap to these receivers gets scrapped.

NightRyder

Smith said:
Seems to me too many 508 and 510 out there - if Dish will make the VOD works, then each movie viewed on each PVR will bring them a lot of money.

I know I'm not going to pay for movies most of which can be seen on the regular movie channels. Not like they're new releases. I'll just DVR them if I want.

Right. if I have to pay extra for that VOD stuff, or it causes me to lose my "paid for" PPV movie before I am ready to delete it from my PVR hard-drive, then I will not be buying anymore PPV movies....

"..."Vod PPV's" take up space on my HD ..."
"...or it causes me to lose my "paid for" PPV movie before I am ready to delete..."

Others have posted that the VOD, even for the 5xx, takes up space reserved for DISH use. We should see no loss of available space.

All the same, I think I'll keep track of my space and see for sure.

damn gone from this site for awhile and look what happens. never liked rev. p304 and now they want to put vod on my boxes. NO THANX DISH.

finally @ P304

I'd been living on P301 all this time.
Never heard anything but complaints about later ones, so better the Devil you know.
Yesterday, I did everything else I could think of, including triming a tree that wasn't really blocking my dish...
... then finally gave up and took the P304 enema.

Too soon to say, but at least I got back some missing channels on 110.
And the guide actually downloads.
Yea, you get to choose whether or not to take the new firmware... 'till they pull the rug out from under you.!. ;)

622 OTA Breakup Caused by CELLPHONE!

942-->622 Lease/AEP-->Metallic=Mandatory?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)