Software versions

1695388681749.png

1695388707099.png

1695388774132.png

1695388814429.png

1695388839653.png

1695388872936.png

Last edited:
Thanks HipKat, have a quick question... I'll just use the Hopper Plus as an example. I can see Current version P11722 released Sept 2023 is the current version and Previous version P11712 Released Jun 2023 is the previous version. Then there is the P11719 Released Aug 2023, is that supposed to also be a Previous version? The 722K as I read it is current version(s) are L9.27 and L9.28 released Feb 2022, previous version L9.25 released Aug 2020 but then there is a Dec 2021 date with no version # before it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks HipKat, have a quick question... I'll just use the Hopper Plus as an example. I can see Current version P11722 released Sept 2023 is the current version and Previous version P11712 Released Jun 2023 is the previous version. Then there is the P11719 Released Aug 2023, is that supposed to also be a Previous version? The 722K as I read it is current version(s) are L9.27 and L9.28 released Feb 2022, previous version L9.25 released Aug 2020 but then there is a Dec 2021 date with no version # before it.
Yeah, the copy-paste didn't translate well. I should have used screen captures instead. I never understood why Dish shows older or recent previous versions on the site we use so I redid that post

Thanks HipKat , thought I was misreading or something with the post you put up originally. But one thing I did learn, I didn't realize the Hopper 3 versions actually have a . after the first number as 3.58 is still just another v3 version and not 358 which seems like we will end up with v400 soon. Then there is the Hopper Plus seem to have basically 5 digit whole numbers as I kept thinking it was just going to be one 116 version and then 117 is just 117 and if I never saw your chart, I would have thought 117 was the actual version number but it seems like I am probably on 11712 as I would need to check my original email to see when DISH installed my Hopper+ as I disconnected it within a few days after the original 117 was what was loaded as part of the install since I remember it was the same day someone mentioned 117 was available here so I wonder what changes were there with the newer 117xx versions. So it seems like all the AndroidTV based clients have these 5 digit versions after the letter and it's interesting how they decided on the P as the letter for all AndroidTV clients while usually with other models, the letter seems be related to the name of the model and is followed by X.yy where X is a major single digit number version followed by 2 digits after the decimal as a minor version number, the only ones that has a letter that does not match the name is everything after the Wally. As for the Hopper 3, is 3.61 really a previous version because I thought 3.58 which was for the people who were the regular version got updated to 3.62 while 3.61 was the test version only for internet connected receivers with the new video player some people got and they had a previous version that was not 3.58, did they also end up with 3.62?

Thanks HipKat , thought I was misreading or something with the post you put up originally. But one thing I did learn, I didn't realize the Hopper 3 versions actually have a . after the first number as 3.58 is still just another v3 version and not 358 which seems like we will end up with v400 soon. Then there is the Hopper Plus seem to have basically 5 digit whole numbers as I kept thinking it was just going to be one 116 version and then 117 is just 117 and if I never saw your chart, I would have thought 117 was the actual version number but it seems like I am probably on 11712 as I would need to check my original email to see when DISH installed my Hopper+ as I disconnected it within a few days after the original 117 was what was loaded as part of the install since I remember it was the same day someone mentioned 117 was available here so I wonder what changes were there with the newer 117xx versions. So it seems like all the AndroidTV based clients have these 5 digit versions after the letter and it's interesting how they decided on the P as the letter for all AndroidTV clients while usually with other models, the letter seems be related to the name of the model and is followed by X.yy where X is a major single digit number version followed by 2 digits after the decimal as a minor version number, the only ones that has a letter that does not match the name is everything after the Wally. As for the Hopper 3, is 3.61 really a previous version because I thought 3.58 which was for the people who were the regular version got updated to 3.62 while 3.61 was the test version only for internet connected receivers with the new video player some people got and they had a previous version that was not 3.58, did they also end up with 3.62?
The first number on the hopper family is actually related to the model in order of when it was released.
1-hopper1
2-hopper2
3-hopper3
4-hopper duo (came out after hopper3)

Then same with joeys based on release date, Joey1, joey2/wifi Joey, super Joey, 4k Joey, joey3

I'm not sure what they'll do when they get to 99

The first number on the hopper family is actually related to the model in order of when it was released.
1-hopper1
2-hopper2
3-hopper3
4-hopper duo (came out after hopper3)

Then same with joeys based on release date, Joey1, joey2/wifi Joey, super Joey, 4k Joey, joey3

I'm not sure what they'll do when they get to 99
Yes, I can see that part after you mentioned it but one has to wonder if a Hopper 4 really came out, what would the naming be for the software version or they might follow other companies and skip naming a product with the number 4 which is considered bad for Asian countries which would solve the problem because it would be called a Hopper 5 and the software version would also be called H5.

As for the Joeys, that is what I see as well except they seem to mix the Hopper+ and Joeys with the P (I can see how the P can stand for Plus but how is it related to the Joey with Android TV unless this is more or less why a Hopper Plus is needed before one can get a AndroidTV based Joey so the P in this case would be a hint to mean Hopper Plus related Joey) with a 5 digit number with no decimals which we can call the AndroidTV (ATV) group and the two Joey's no longer follow the previous Joey's naming as well as software is concerned. The ATV group seems to be in a 5 digit whole number group so technically we can see a P99999 assuming they will never exceed 5 digit numbers while everything else, no one really knows if the version number can exceed 9.99 as it is a single digit on the left of the decimal followed by 2 digits after the decimal. You are right about if the H3 goes to H3.99 for example, they couldn't call it H4.00 or H4.01 so maybe what they will do is start counting in hex so now you will have H3.A0 which counts up to H3.A9 and then it moves into H3.B0 and count 10 numbers before repeating to the next letter.

What I was saying is when looking at what HipKat posted, with the exception of the ATV group, everything else has the first letter that is related to the name of the product, including the Wireless Joey access points and the Wally but everything shown after the Wally has a first letter in the software version that is unrelated to the name of the product.

Version numbers in this case only tells you if something is the latest and what version was earlier but what's missing is what's new, what was fixed and what are known issues in each version which would be helpful to know. But ofcourse it's more an FYI as you don't have to choice to not update or downgrade if you didn't like the changes.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Tools area on the Hopper 3 where one can download the ATV files and it appears that it only shows the versions as:

Joey 4 P517
Wireless Joey 4 P617
Hopper Plus P117

so when compared to the chart above, there is only 3 digits after the letter and not 5 digits as shown in the chart above which is probably no one even knew there were updates on the Hopper Plus for example even though the chart above shows 3 versions of P117xx, the user will only see it as P117 on their screen.

I received H262 on my HWS and now whenever i watch something recorded (or that was paused) , when i hold down the button to fast forward or rewind it pauses for 3 seconds then it works. This started with the update. Anyone else seeing this problem? Thanks in advance.

when i hold down the button to fast forward or rewind it pauses for 3 seconds then it works. This started with the update. Anyone else seeing this problem?
Yeah, me with my H3. And another new bug-like feature is that, sometimes, it goes into FF or RW mode even with a very brief skip button press.