Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yesterday I had a very, very productive phone call with Earl from DBSTalk.

I think we have a better understandng of each other and what we're both trying to do. And we both also understand the way we do things is different between both boards.

THIS IS NOT A BAD THING!

I also got a better understanding of why he does some of the things that I have talked about publically that I did not like, and now after talking with him and hearing all the details of why certain things are done the way they are, I now agree with him.

Therefore we will be making some changes to our forum which we have been calling the "Living on the Edge" forum.

It will be renamed the DirecTV Cutting Edge Forum, as the CE prog is officially known by DirecTV as the Cutting Edge.

Secondly the Cutting Edge forum will become available only to registered SatelliteGuys members. This was something I was HIGHLY against before, but when Earl gave me his sincere reasoning of why it is members only I felt stupid that I actually faught against this.

Earl will be working with Brewer4 on the CE stuff at DBSTalk so that our members can get all the essential CE information.

In addition while we will have CE information here at SatelliteGuys, we will encourage oour members who have issues with CE's to post their problem reports with the CE's at DBSTalk.

Our CE area here at SatelliteGuys will be a place where SatelliteGuys and DBSTalk members can have the free flowing open discussions on the CE's. I get the feeling that Earl wants to make DBSTalks CE section more to the point technical, so that way DirecTV engineers can find issues and trouble reports so that they can make fixes for upcoming CE's.

I must appologize to everyone for not making this call to Earl earlier on. It actually took a lot to reach out and call him (I can't tell you how many times I picked up the phone and started dialing only to hang up out of fear.)

I have been known to raz DBStalk in the past, but after this phone call, I honestly believe that there is a place for both of us. And we can actually comploment each other. With DBSTalk being the more hands on to the point technical, while SatelliteGuys is the more open place where people can come and kick off their shoes and discuss not only the technical stuff found at DBStalk but let their hair down and have open discussions on the CE project, which would detract from the CE area on DBSTalk.

That being said, I am happy and excited about all of this, I think this is a big step forward for both sites.

One other thing I would like to say is while you have seen us fight, when we are out at the shows such as CES, CEDIA or any of the other shows we have always been friendly and had great times together. I have enjoyed hanging out and talking with David Bott, Al Noland, Richard King, Tom Robbinson at some of the great events (some of them AVS parties thrown by David Bott, if you ever get a chance to go to an AVS party DON'T MISS IT!)

I have not talked to anyone at DBSTalk about what I am going to say next, but I would like to further extend the olive branch with those from DBSTalk. As some of you may know that I have been working with Dish Network, Glorystar and Fortec Star on some special events for the upcoming SBE Show in Reno, I would like to open this up and make these events open to DBSTalk members and staff, even willing to make them co branded special events. I will be talking to some of the DBSTalk staff who I have been talking with over the past few weeks who I know will be going to Reno so that we can get them included in these special events.

I think Earl and I are much alike and we both want to help everyone get more out of their satellite systems. We here at SatelliteGuys are willing to take the first step, in what I hope makes both sites better for all.

We will be rolling out these changes over the next few days. Thank you for your support of SatelliteGuys over the past (almost) 4 years!

I'm glad to read this, Scott! I have continued/will continue to read both sites, as both have valuable information for me.

Good luck with cooperation between the sites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts