Some noobie questions :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blahblahblah65

Original poster
May 28, 2008
Hi guys, I tried another forum but wanted to make sure the info is consistent before I start my ordering process since I'm reading some different things on this site vs the other.
Thanks!!

1) How do they determine if you'll need 1 or 2 dishes on your house? Two dishes would be a total deal breaker for me. I'm in Los Angeles if that helps.

2) For the USB HDD to increase HD capacity, is there any way to avoid the $40 fee? And is that $40 per DVR or once for all DVRs in the house?

3) Is there a limit to the number of HD DVRs I can have in the house? (I'm hoping to get 3 722's)

4) Do all receivers have to be plugged into a phone line or just one? And if I didn't want to plug any (or a couple where I don't have phone jacks) of them in is the fee per receiver or one fee for the account per month?

5) Can you download your shows onto your computer to watch them there
like Tivo?

6) How do they do the 2nd standard definition TV off of a 722 receiver? Like, they aren't running cables all over the house right? How's the quality/functionality of this 2nd TV?

7) How are updates made to the receiver such as software, your TV guide etc? IE how do they update if I don't plug my phone into it?

8) I currently have DirecTV so I'd be switching over to Dish. What kind of "deals" are people seeing these days by telling Dish they're switching from their competitor?

Just trying to get an idea before I call them so I know what's coming

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys, I tried another forum but wanted to make sure the info is consistent before I start my ordering process since I'm reading some different things on this site vs the other.
Thanks!!

1) How do they determine if you'll need 1 or 2 dishes on your house? Two dishes would be a total deal breaker for me. I'm in Los Angeles if that helps.

2) For the USB HDD to increase HD capacity, is there any way to avoid the $40 fee? And is that $40 per DVR or once for all DVRs in the house?

3) Is there a limit to the number of HD DVRs I can have in the house? (I'm hoping to get 3 722's)

4) Do all receivers have to be plugged into a phone line or just one? And if I didn't want to plug any (or a couple where I don't have phone jacks) of them in is the fee per receiver or one fee for the account per month?

5) Can you download your shows onto your computer to watch them there
like Tivo?

6) How do they do the 2nd standard definition TV off of a 722 receiver? Like, they aren't running cables all over the house right? How's the quality/functionality of this 2nd TV?

7) How are updates made to the receiver such as software, your TV guide etc? IE how do they update if I don't plug my phone into it?

8) I currently have DirecTV so I'd be switching over to Dish. What kind of "deals" are people seeing these days by telling Dish they're switching from their competitor?

Just trying to get an idea before I call them so I know what's coming

Thanks for your help!

Normally only 1 dish is used. The 2nd is sometimes used for HD or to get a better 129 signal.

You must pay the fee to use the external USB storage

They usually only lease 2 722 or 4 tuners. You can have more tuners by purchasing the receivers.

You dont have to have any of them plugged in but you will be charged if not. The dish comm receivers make it so only 1 needs to be plugged in. Or homeplugs can be used.

You cant transfer shows to a computer.

The 2nd television needs to have a coax cable run to it for SD output.

updates come over the dish not the phone line.

Talk with Claude at the dish store for the best deal hands down.

Normally only 1 dish is used. The 2nd is sometimes used for HD or to get a better 129 signal.

You must pay the fee to use the external USB storage

They usually only lease 2 722 or 4 tuners. You can have more tuners by purchasing the receivers.

You dont have to have any of them plugged in but you will be charged if not. The dish comm receivers make it so only 1 needs to be plugged in. Or homeplugs can be used.

You cant transfer shows to a computer.

The 2nd television needs to have a coax cable run to it for SD output.

updates come over the dish not the phone line.

Talk with Claude at the dish store for the best deal hands down.
Ouch... Not even a thank you. :eek:

A second dish is also required (in some cases) for the reception of specific international content programming.

61.5° — Eastern/Central/Mountain U.S. (HD Programming & Int'l)
110° — Entire U.S./Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico (Local Channels & Secondary core programming)
105° — Local Channels in specific geographical areas of CONUS
118.7°Some International programming and some HD Local Channels
119° — Entire U.S./Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico (Local Channels & Main core of programming)
121°International programming/Local Channels in specific geographical areas of CONUS
129° — Central/Mountain/Partial Eastern U.S. (HD Programming & Local Channels)
148° — Western/Central/Mountain U.S. (Local Channels & Int'l)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts