Some notes about tonight's party

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
One important rule at the party:

Whenever a winer is announced, please stop posting in the chat until he or she responds!

I know we are kind of locked into the current chat software, but for the future it might be worthwhile to look into an irc-based chat server. This way you could run the server off the main satelliteguys server, and allow people to connect with whatever client they want to. Those on dialup would appreciate the text only clients, and those of us with broadband can use the snazzy graphics/flash intense gui. I know there are java web front ends available for irc servers.

This would also overcome the max users problem, if we ever get to that number that is :)

LER said:
I doubt it :)
She's eminiently fair :)
LER
<Dumb & Dumber>
So you're telling me there's a chance?
</Dumb & Dumber>

Good luck everyone. I'll try to be there, but the little lady wants to "spend time together" so I'll probably be stuck watching some sappy love story on Lifetime.

5) In case of FAILURE of the chat server the party will continue on SatelliteGuys and winners will be selected from the members on-line list. In case of failure of SatelliteGuys all together we will announce the winners when we return on-line. If the world blows up then no one wins.

hopefully this wont happen, getting nervous though...

We should be fine. :)

We had an error from last night that I had to fix. ANd the time to do it was now before it became a bigger problem.

The new chat software looks VERY NICE! I am very impressed, the best I have seen yet. A PM should be sent to all the prize winners in case their name is not seen with all the screen clutter.

Sean Mota said:
When I try to install http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer I click on install bu nothing happens. Anyone knows why? I am trying to load it to my laptop.
You and me both. I have it happening on two systems and the only reason I can think is possibly I have the latest version on both computers. Although I keep getting script errors in IE and FF on both systems when trying to load the chat.

I am having problems too and get an error message. Not good! I was in there earlier and it was fine but now since I got disconnected it's malfunctioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts