Some random questions

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
First, I've only been back with Dish for 2 days but have a few questions...

I use the 722 DVR/ HD receiver for my services.

1. I'm pleased with the HD picture, but since the last time I've had dish five years ago or so the SD picture sure seems worse. Am I the only one that feels this way? Also how far in the future does HD become standard instead of an additional fee (or am I dreaming here)?

2. What do you keep your picture option on (Normal, Stretch, etc) cause it seems the minute I get comfortable with an HD channel I tune to something outside the HD realm and I'm looking at a little screen minimized and have to go back to stretch. Suggestions would be appreciated.

3. I have a second HDTV in the living room using TV2, yes SD signal currently unfortunately and in the manual it states the signal can be on either 60 or 73. 60 just seems really blurring, maybe it's just coaxial vs. HDMI but I try and turn to 73 and my tv won't accept it. Again I would like your suggestions.

Thank you

2. If it works like the 622, it remembers separate settings for HD channels and SD channels.

3. Your TV should go to channel 73 if you put it in cable mode instead of air mode.

SD looks pretty good on my 625 on most channels. There are a few channels that are not that good like ShopNBC and QVC don't look that great. The worst SD channel to me that I've noticed is Veria TV on 218. Dish or Veria needs to fix that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)