Someone shot my dish with paintballs

PILMAN

The Cable Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 2, 2005
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Someone shot my superdish in my backyard with paintballs. My brother and I both have paintball guns but he denies shooting it in the backyard. I know he has some enemys that he paintballs with and I'm guessing maybe they did it because they know I'm a hdtv freak. I don't think it's effecting signal and I tried wiping it off but theres still stains all over the damn dish. Will paint cause signal problems by any chance? I guess that stuff is water solluble but I can't get it off theres tons of white splotches all over the dish and the LNBF, should I be worried?

It should not hurt at all. The only possible problem would be that the paint impact knocked the dish out of alignment. People paint their dishes all the time for a themed look or to make it blend into the house better.

Nope, paintballs shouldn't cause any signal problems at all unless it was knocked off a little bit as mentioned above. Just think of all the folks that get their dish filled with snow every winter. We had ice and snow this past year and didn't hurt the signal really at all.

Right its just a reflector but the more dings you have in the dish (if the paintballs were able to cause that) the worse your signal will get. If you are leasing the system instead of owning it and you ever had to return it back to them (if service was shut off) then Dish Network may charge you for the dish which is $200.

How do I find out if I own it? I also called dish a while back saying if the satellite was damaged if they would replace it and they said they only replace the receivers. I have a superdish so not sure if I own it or not.

yeah pictures!!!

The leases never specify you have to return the dish, there might be a clause if it's a superdish, but i don't think so...

I just happened to get my paintball gun back up and poppin last night. I forgot it at a friends house 2 and a half years ago when we moved up north and didn't get a chance to go an get it. They mailed it up here a few weeks ago. Had some kinda proplem with it sounding like a raspberry when trying to shoot it with the original tank before we moved up here. Bought a tossable tank from Wally World last night and found the problem was indeed with my original tank. Not that I popped your dish though.

:p

Waitin' for pictures... lol

You should be fine as long as they used a non-metallic paint. I wonder where you are at; noticed that you have the 105 SDish.. I install up here in missoula MT and was under the impression they weren't using 105 anymore. Guess I was wrong :)

AT180 VALUE PAK HBO/MAX DIGITAL HOME PLAN, 3 RCVR LOC 84.99
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 4.99
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 4.99
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99
HD PROMOTION - ADJUSTMENT -5.0

Thats all it says on my bill.

We didn't pay the bill once and they disconnected us and they sent us a box asking for the receivers, never said anything about the dish though.

yes your on lease, but you dont have to send the dish itself back. And a little paint wont hurt.

When did you sign up for HD, cause thats another person I see getting the hd discount that I dont get :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts