Something going on with 121?

leejp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
I've lost KBS America (CH 9850) a couple of days ago and it hasn't been back. I'm not experiencing any equipment problems at present. Anyone experiencing the same?

I currently have it, and have watched it off and on everyday with no problems, on Sat 121, Channels 704 and 9850.

I think for all but the "Family Pack", KBS - Channel 9850 on 121 is free. With Dish moving Korean programming to 118.7, I don't know how that's going to affect the free KBS on 121, or even for us who subscribe to the Korean Package and use 121 to receive it.

Last edited:
I just tested the switch from my 511 and all the 121 channels disappeared from my program guide. Dang! looks like I do have an equipment problem.

Reception on 121 has been spotty (in storms and such) but it always cut in and out. 2 days ago it died "cold turkey".

I have service on the way (at Dish Network's extortion rates... $50/call + cost to replace any broken equipment). I'll check for loose connections in the meantime.

If they try to tell you the LNB is bad.....they had a bad batch of those 121 LNBs! They were heat-sensitive.