Something new and different for BluRay

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Just received my copy of Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds today.

It's in 3D! The BD comes with 4 pair of red / cyan glasses

That's that makes it special. Of course I've seen 3D movies before and still the best are those polarized ones you see at the theme parks, but having it in your home is pretty cool, I think.
This latest Blu Ray concert production is typical of most concert tours but the in home version on Blu Ray offers an excellent new dimension to your screen. I'm writing this after viewing it once. The sound is in 7.1 but my system is only 5.1 and it still sounded very good. The visual was quite good and the performers would work the cameras for the 3D effect. Mostly, however, the 3D was subtle and just giving you the look and feel of being there. Well, since there were so many camera angles you were there in many places in the stadium at once all in 3D.

Some of the more pronounced effects were when the confetti and crepe paper streamers were dropped from the ceiling it seemed like they rained down all around you and you were in the middle of it all.

The actual performance was excellent, even if you aren't a fan of rock concerts or kid rock stars. I'm happy to have this BD in my collection as it does a nice job of 3D. I look forward to seeing more movies in 3D.

The only negative I experienced was the glasses took a good 15 minutes for me to get used to. I didn't get a headache wearing them but my left eye (cyan gel) seemed to get tired quickly, until I relaxed. I viewed the 3D at a distance of 8 ft in front of a 92" wide screen in a total dark room. Being closer helped reduce the left eye strain. After an hour into the program I was quite comfortable and got used to the glasses to the point I didn't feel them on. Later I'll try it again sitting 24" away from a 24" computer screen.

If you want to watch in normal 2D you just select that version in the opening menu.

Don, I wish you had stated you bought this dvd for your kids ! Sounds like you enjoyed this way too much ! In all seriousness, its a bigger man than I who can admit to watching Miley Cyrus and wanting it in his collection. Personally, I would keep this a deep, dark secret. All in fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts