Song Change Delay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelle

Original poster
May 19, 2006
When I record Perfec Trax, I find that the ends of some tracks are cut off. Right now my setting for Song Change Delay is at the default setting. To keep the tracks from being cut off, should I change the setting - if so, should it be longer or shorter than the default? Thanks.

There's no really good answer to this one, and no answer at all that works for all stations. The problem is that XM doesn't send a clear "end of song/beginning of song" signal - they just send new artist/title/genre data at a time that is roughly at the track change (actually, just a hair early in most cases).

The best TimeTrax (and any similar system) can do is to detect the new data, then make an arbitrary decision as to when the song really does change. You can tweak the delay if you like, and you may actually be able to improve the success rate, but you will not be able to nail the song change every time.

Since TimeTrax can record a song already in progress if it was tuned into the channel when the song began, why can't it record pass the end of the song and let the user trim the song in a third party application to avoid the problem of missing endings of the song or abrupt endings.

I'd rather have extra data at the front and rear end of the song than have missing parts of the song on either end. You give us a delay on one end, why not give us a delay on the other end that we can set as part of our preferences.

Cheers,
Tony

Because when it did that, it would lose the front end of the next song. They haven't designed it to record a single audio stream twice (i.e. start the new recording before the old one stops).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts