Sony BD-Live and Picassa Web

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I saw a really neat BD-live feature at the SONY booth today. It allows you to connect to a Google Picassa Web account and display video and photo albums through your BD player. This really has NOTHING to do with Blu-ray, but it is one of the coolest value-added features I have ever seen for a BD player.

Imagine, you have your BD player, it is connected to a 100" screen via projector. With this feature, you can display ANY home video you have recorded, or any photo albums. The PQ was excellent from what I saw. The best part, it works with ANY BD-live enabled SONY BD player. I will try this out when I get home.

I have a few photos, and will post later today, when I get back to the room.

What's the deal with BD Live? Can only be accessed with a BR disc in the player?

Is a firmware upgrade required for this feature or is it already available on BD-Live players today? If so, how does one enable Picasa access?

And when will they add Hulu support?:D

can't really answer the first question but the used unit i just bought had bd live enabled and came with a flash drive. the feature isn't explained very well in my owners manual.

Well... I managed to get my tired feet back to the SONY booth, deep in the back of Central Hall, and found the woman who was displaying the picasa web feature. IT IS NOT available right now, and will not be available until later in 09. She did not have a date.

I asked her how users would know if it was available, and she didn't have the answer to that either.

Thank you, rockymtnhigh. Take a load off!

From the representative's response, it definitely sounds like this'll be enabled by a future firmware update. While I'd love to see even more, I won't hold my breath for BD player-based Hulu viewing :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts