Sony BDPS 350 - BDPS 550

I picked up the 350 as well, and the digital coax was also a selling point for me. Some of us don't have any other choice, except maybe to buy a new receiver... which I am not doing anytime soon.

The only open digital audio input on my receiver was a digital coax, I think it sounds amazing. I doubt seriously that many people can actually tell the difference with their ears.

I agree. If you are not an audiophile, its hard to tell the difference. I can't, that is for sure. I use coax with the Magnavox, and it sounds great. Of course, I COULD tell the difference when I switched from a SONY receiver to a DENON. :)

Whoopie, my 350 was waiting on the porch when I got home from work. My discs from Amazon don't arrive till Friday, may have to visit Wally World in the AM.

Checking out my 350's upconverting... Woodstock the Directors Cut's PQ sucked but at avg 3.6 bit rate ;) sounded OK though (watched most of 1 side) Cher The Farewell Tour looks and sounds good...DTS , Fleetwood Mac The Dance was a little Rough but sounded good also, haven't done a side by side test with the D-1 in the HT, but pretty close I believe... I have some "Demo Discs" from pre BD to check yet.

I just bought the Sony BDP-BX1 at Sam's Club for $227. It is basically the same as the 350, just given a different name for Sam's Club and Costco. It does include a HDMI cable, and a backlit remote control.

There were some early threads on other sites about whether it actually decodes TrueHD, but it is listed int he specs, and is doing it fine for me.

I love it so far. Much better contols than the Magnavox, and it seems faster in general. Plus, the Sony controls are identical to my XBR4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)