Sony caught trying to sabotage Halo3 Wiki....

If you do a tracert of the IP address, the reverse name lookup on the ip seems to go to...

joesp.sony.com

(Ok I am just kidding) :D

If you do a tracert of the IP address, the reverse name lookup on the ip seems to go to...

joesp.sony.com

(Ok I am just kidding) :D

I KNEW it !!!!!!!!!!!!

(snicker)

Which is what the guy at that IP address is looking for... a Snickers bar...

("Wanna get away for a while?")

how do we know for sure that the ip came from sony and that somebody didnt just spoof a sony ip and make the post?

I like this quote

"Of course, it's impossible for any organisation of Sony's size to police what each of its employees is doing online - and the IP address alone proves nothing."

Yet, still they have to end with

"But this does suggest a certain level of paranoia from the PlayStation 3 crew."

Not really; it just makes for a good story. IP tracking is OK, but as said it can be spoofed and in companies this large, it means nothing.

Speaking of black helicopters:

Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2007-09-03/WikiScanner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The CIA was found to have edited the articles about Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Porter Goss (the head of the CIA), among others. They did not admit to editing the articles in question. Also, a computer at the Vatican was used to remove a mention of Gerry Adams’s alleged involvement in a double murder, and an anonymous editor from the BBC changed George Walker Bush’s middle name to “wanker”. Some of these disruptive edits have resulted in blocks; the IP addresses of Netherlands Public Radio and Radio Netherlands Worldwide have been blocked for more than 70 unconstructive edits over a period of more than 2 years. In a more egregious example of point-of-view pushing, major U.S. military contractor SAIC edited the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) article, saying such things as “The ACLU's real mission is to create a Eugenicist Communist society based on principles of Anarchy against the will of the American people.” and “The ACLU is trying to destroy America.”

This is why I take everything I read on "wiki's" with a grain of salt. LOL

Read up on how to build a door bell and you might end up with a trojan horse, LOL

Well come on now, don't sensationalize it THAT much. The Wiki is moderated fairly well, and things without sources are usually deleted fairly quickly or referenced.

Given the retardery it opens itself up to as part of it's community editing it has a steady stream of vandalism and whatnot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)