Sony HT-CT100 Home Theatre and VIP 211 Remote

WaltJ

Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Hello. I want to control my Sony HT-CT100 Home Theatre with my Dish VIP 211 remote (Aux Button). I've tried the scan function with no luck. Additionally, the Sony Codes in the Owners Manual did not function. By chance, does anyone happen to know the code? Tried Dish Technical support, they did not have the code but sent the scan instructions. Thanks.

Not sure if Sony HT-CT100 will work on the 211 remote. I do know you can program it in the new 21.0 and 20.0 remote.

I have a dish 21.0 remote. This is the one that can learn commands from other remotes. I was able to get one at no charge when I explained my 6.3 remote could not operate my Sony BluRay player. If you call support and explain your problem just ask them if they could send one at no charge and you have been a sub for over a year they will almost always do this. Good Luck.

Thanks for the replies. I will call Dish in the morning and ask them about a new 21.0 remote.

I have the same system, and seriously doubt that Dish has any remote, except the 21.0, that will handle it; and even then, it would be a pain in the ass to get it to learn all of the commands, unless you just stick to on/off/volume+/volume-

I have a harmony one, and I will never go back to a non-macro remote that is programmable using a computer; so my advice is to get a harmony!

Dish Remote 6.3 Ir/UHF/ Pro

Hi I am trying to program a remote for HT-CT100 with a remote for DVR 622 model 6.3 IR/UHF/Pro and the codes provided here do not work.

any help is much appreciated.

Manish:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)