Sony HT-DDW660, Dish 811 Remote

dhess83

Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
I'm trying to be able to control my home theatre system's volume from my Dish 811, remote, but I've tried all the sony codes, and none work. I've also tried the default "Aux" setting, and that doesn't work either. I've also tried the "learn" feature, but no matter how many times I hit 'up' on my remote to scroll through codes, the receiver is not responding. Yes, I hit '2' before scrolling through codes on Aux, and I know the receiver IR works, because it works with the factory remote.

I know I could get a univeral remote to tackle this, but I'm on a tight budget after buying my speakers and my TV. Any way to make this work with existing hardware?

Thanks, guys.

I hate to seem ignorant, but I didn't see anything in the Sony manual about switching. How would I do that?

EDIT: Learned how to switch the Sony. Still can't seem to get my Dish 811 remote to work with it. (Shoudl I pull the batteries?)

Well, for my STR-DE695 there's 2 settings - one for the receiver and one for the remote.

For THAT receiver, holding down front-panel ENTER while turning it on from the front panel toggles the mode between 1 & 2. The display will show C.MODE.AV# where # is 1 or 2.

As for the remote, press and hold the "Use Mode" button. Then press "AV1" which is an alternate label for Video1, or AV2.

In the manual the topics are titled:
"Selecting the Command Mode of the Receiver"
"Selecting the Command Mode of the Remote"

Well, I figured out how to get my remote to interact with the receiver. Still having two problems:

When I hit the "AUX" button on the remote, in order to switch to control my receiver, it switches the television to Component Video #2. Is this a problem with my remote code for my television? (it also switches to Component Video 1 when I hit SAT, which isnt really a problem, but its the same "feature").

Secondly, although I can control power, volume, and mute, the 'input' button on the remote does not switch between DVD and Video for the Sony. Any solution for this, or am I up a creek?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate this help.

Dunno about the first problem, but try the number pad for source selection - and try different Sony codes, too! I've used 3 on my 921 remote. They all pretty much work with the noticiablke difference being which number keys select which input.

Unfortunately, NONE of them, select Video2, which is the component input for my 921. :(

Thanks, SimpleSimon!

I found the solution for the first problem- turned out my TV had an auto tune feature which was trying to make things more convenient. I just told it that I didn't have an AUX channel. (TV Related)

Still looking for a solution to the choosing inputs on the Sony problem. Will keep trying different codes. Thanks for all the help, ss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)