Sony Unveils PlayStation Web-Based TV Service - Vue

The big elephant or gorilla in the room here? ONLY available in New York City,Chicago,AND Philadelphia. I could probably buy a PlayStation,& it doesn't have to be top of the line,just certified to receive PlayStation Vue,BUT........I'm not about to move to any of these city from where i currently live just so I can get PlayStation Vue. Also,if you try to get all of the cord cutting offerings,including MLB.TV,NHL Game Center,&/ot NBA League Pass,you might as well just stay with cable or Satellite TV,because all of the "savings" you supposedly will get cutting the cord will evaporate.
Considering that these are test markets with national roll out expected later in the year, I don't think Sony expects anyone to move.

I wonder how many folks over the age of 40 own a Playstation to watch Vue? Until they get it on Roku and other devices I don't see a lot of people going out and buying a Playstation. Perhaps the target market is the under 30 crowd. Hey us older folks watch Tv too, we just need glasses and fall asleep while our show is on

Hey! I'm 60 and I have a PS4. FIFA, MLB The Show. Not holding my breath to have Vue in Des Moines, though, the technological backwater of America.

PlayStation Vue Launches in San Francisco, L.A.
Sony used its presser at E3 Monday night to announce that it is launching PlayStation Vue, its over-the-top pay TV service, in two more markets: San Francisco and Los Angeles. Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House paired that with word on new national a la carte offerings that won’t require a multichannel bundle, starting with Showtime (announced last week); a channel from Machinima (more than half of Machinima’s U.S. audience owns a PlayStation platform, according to a statement from Machinima CEO Chad Gutstein); and Fox Soccer Plus, a premium service that’s also offered today through MVPDs such as DirecTV, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, AT&T U-verse, Verizon FiOS, Frontier Communications and Cablevision Systems, among others..

multichannel.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts