Sooooooooooo Confused

thebradybunch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2003
Ok experts I need advise. Here is my setup, SuperDish pointed at 119,110,105(my locals) connected to an 811. I thought(key word) if I upgrade to the 622 and add the new HD channels I would be able to add a second 18-20" dish, change my DishPro 3/4 switch to a 4/4 and run an additional coax to the receiver for the DVR I would be in good shape. I talked to a local installer today that said this will not work. She stated I will have to add a Dish1000 to my current setup and swap out the 3/4 switch for a 4/4. She also said that Dish was not going to cover the cost of the 4/4 so not only will I have to pay $299.00 I will have to purchase a 4/4 myself.

Is she correct? Am I going to end up with 2 huge dishes in my yard? I do not understand the need for the second 3 LNB dish.

Thanks in advance

Well, technically you can get a 18" dish 500 or 300 with a single dp lnb and point it at 129 or 61.5, and replace your dp34 with a dpp44. You don't say how many receivers you will end up with once you have the 622. If the final total is 4 tuners or less (2 in the 622) then it's also possible to use a pair of dp21's off 2 of the outputs of the dp34 and the two outputs off the dp lbnb to feed your 622. You end up with two cables to the 622 this way instead of one, and none of your other receivers will see the new satellite, but it's usually cheaper than buying a dpp44.

It may be possible to get dish or the installer to give you the dish 500 and possibly the dpp44, but you'd probably have to play CSR roulette. Make sure they understand you have a superdish already. You don't need a d1000.

Last edited:
One more question, If I go with the dp44 with the power inverter does that mean I only need to run 1 cable from the switch to the dvr?

thebradybunch said:
One more question, If I go with the dp44 with the power inverter does that mean I only need to run 1 cable from the switch to the dvr?
yes if your also get a DPP seperator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)