Sorry to Bother

ddobson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
I've been downloading the CE software off an on for a couple years now. I don't seem to have much of a problem with my HR20 but my R-15's I am rarely successful.

I've been having some issues with my R-15 and wanted to try the CE last weekend. Several attempts and could not get it to download.

I'm assuming it is the same process (02468 slowly) as the HR20. It keeps going in to disc check after reboot.

Just thought it was worth throwing out there if anyone has any hints...

Thanks

I've been downloading the CE software off an on for a couple years now. I don't seem to have much of a problem with my HR20 but my R-15's I am rarely successful.

I've been having some issues with my R-15 and wanted to try the CE last weekend. Several attempts and could not get it to download.

I'm assuming it is the same process (02468 slowly) as the HR20. It keeps going in to disc check after reboot.

Just thought it was worth throwing out there if anyone has any hints...

Thanks

ddobson,
You can only get the CE download when they are sending it to your particular model of recvr.
If the R-15 was not listed last weekend, you pretty much put the old National Release back on it.

None the less, it should at least get you the NR and good practice !

I don't know if they R-15 was on last week or not as I only pay attention to the ones I have.

edit:
After looking back at the forum topic page, I see that YES there was update for your R-15 .... so yes it should have d/led
You were in the CE download time frame, correct ?
11pm to 2:30 am est.
I usually wait till like 5 after to start in case they get a late start.

When you tried to d/l did you get the "New Software Found" message ?

Yes I was in the window.

Friday night about 10:10 (central) I first downloaded the CE on my HR20 which worked fine first try.

I then tried it twice on the R15 and no go. I never got the "new software found". In fact after pressing the code it just continued to reboot both times as normal.

I am not sure why but I've only got the R-15 to download CE once since I've had it. HR20 works every time for me but just not the R-15. I have 2 more R-15's maybe I'll try one of those (kids rooms) next time an update is available.

It just seems so easy on the HD but the SD one is very difficult to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts