Sound and picture lag on Joey's - MOCA vs. Ethernet.

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
We have the Hopper in the Family room and my wife has her TV in the Kitchen which I can hear. With MOCA there is a noticeable lag (about a second) between the Hopper and Joey picture and sound. Enough to really be irksome.

Before I run an Ethernet cable to the Joey, has anyone tried Ethernet over MOCA and does the lag still occur or get better? I do have a wall plate behind the TV with the Joey but running the Cat 6 and then finding out that it doesn't make a difference would sure be a PITA.

Thanks.

The only way I have ever got my joey to synch with my hopper is to have the joey select the same live feed screen I am watching and then we are in shared view. The bad thing is that if you hit pause or somebody in the bedroom hits pause the program will pause in both places. But that only works on live tv shows and ota.

From the Joey hit Tv options/Select same live feed that hopper is watching/ join and then you are in shared view.

The lag is the processing time it takes for the Hopper to put the sat signal into MOCA/Etherbet and the Joey to process the signal from the MOCA/Ethernet.

The Hopper is not passing the HDMI that goes to your TV directly to the Joey, it has to be output into the network system - probably rarely be in sync unless you can pause the Hopper for 1/2 second or so and are lucky.

You are fighting a loosing battle.

Reactions: bookworm370

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)