Sound Blips on ABC (WTVD 11) Recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
When we watch recordings of ABC shows (and only ABC shows via the DISH feed - WTVD 11 in Raleigh, NC area), we experience sound blips that are driving us crazy! We have a 622 and are using a HDMI cable into a high-end Denon receiver. We had the problem with component cables using optical audio into the receiver too. Switching to HDMI didn't work. The blips happen when we record shows and when we simply pause live tv and start it back....until it gets back to live tv. We don't have the problem at all during live shows on ABC. Again, this only happens with our local ABC channel (WTVD 11, and only on the DISH feed).

Has anyone else had this issue, or heard of it...and do you have a suggested solution? This is driving us absolutely crazy and my wife is so ready for us to go back to Directv...need help quick!

A lot of people have been reporting this. Why it only happens with local channels, why only certain local channels, and why only when recorded, is a big mystery. Dish has said they're working on it, but that's all they've said.

Actually, oddly enough, it's been happening on the local 720p channels only (WTVD - ABC and WRAZ - FOX). The 1080i channels, WRAL and WNCN (CBS and NBC) don't appear to have the same problems, at least not in the Raleigh/Durham area.

They are all on the same Transponder now on 61.5, so that's not the issue.

I had this happen of last week's Grey's Anatomy I recorded OTA, so it is not just a uplink thing. I don't know if it is a Dish thing or an ABC thing. They always seem to have trouble with Audio-sync on ABC11. I have never had a problem with this on House, Fringe, or Sarah Connor which are all I record off FOX50.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)