Sound Consistency

digideal

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
So, I finally had a night last night where I was able to get a few OTA channels and time to flip through many of the Voom channels. I noticed that the sound from one station to the next was ALL over the place. Watching The Fugitive on HBO SD, I had to crank my receiver to about 40 (which is very loud for my setup), and when i went to South Park on Comedy Central it was comfortable listening at 30, and West Wing OTA was comfortable at 25.

I know the difference between 5.1 and 2.0 broadcasts will mean a difference in volume, but this is a bit too much. Even if you just look at the HBO and the Comedy Central, it shouldn't need a huge increase just to listen to the shows.

Anyone else experience sound problems? All sound is going out through the optical and into the receiver for controlling.

It's the same with any provider, from what I've heard they just pass through what they receive. My local OTA digital stations are all over the map, I'm always scrambling for the remote to either turn it up or down. On Voom, their DD 5.1 channels are actually higher in volume than the SD channels (at least the few that I've tried).

That's what i have found too, very frustrating. I am thinking this could be a non-software update, or an impossible update without having some standards around. very annyoing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts