Sound dropouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Russell Jorgensen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Wisconsin
I have 2 HD receivers (1 HD DVR and 1 reg. HD receiver). I also have a standard def. receiver. The standard receiver works perfectly with no problems, but the two HD receivers suffer sound drop outs. I am sure that I am not losing the signal because the picture never breaks up or is lost. Only the sound drops out. About every 10 min. or so. Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

I have 2 HD receivers (1 HD DVR and 1 reg. HD receiver). I also have a standard def. receiver. The standard receiver works perfectly with no problems, but the two HD receivers suffer sound drop outs. I am sure that I am not losing the signal because the picture never breaks up or is lost. Only the sound drops out. About every 10 min. or so. Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

I and many other have had this problem since the last national realease(11/3 for me) on my HR22's. Have not noticed it on my H23's, but I rarely watch them.

Have either of you done a reset since the problem started, to see if that would clear the trouble ?

Menu / Set Up / System Set up / ReSet / ReStart Recvr / dash at the Yellow Box and it will reset the correct way.

Not saying that will definatly fix it, but it won't hurt to try.
This does fix a lot of issues from time to time.

Have either of you done a reset since the problem started, to see if that would clear the trouble ?

Menu / Set Up / System Set up / ReSet / ReStart Recvr / dash at the Yellow Box and it will reset.

Yipper. To no avail. There's a thread with almost 300 posts on this exact issue on other site. It start immediately with 0368 software upgrade. Or was the downgrade?

Yipper. To no avail. There's a thread with almost 300 posts on this exact issue on other site. It start immediately with 0368 software upgrade. Or was the downgrade?

Don't know what to say, I've got 2 HR20-700's and a H20 and have NOT had that problem in over a year or so.

Hope I didn't jinx it :D

Don't know what to say, I've got 2 HR20-700's and a H20 and have NOT had that problem in over a year or so.

Hope I didn't jinx it :D

I'd have to read back through, but I don't think it's affecting the 20's as much.

Only happens on Fox for me. Friend of mine has the same issue with Fox.

It was happening recently on TBS and ABC on my DVR units; but not on any others. One is HD via HDMI and the other is SD and connected via composite but they cleared up after about 3 days or so.

I have the same problem here in N. Ohio. The H21 receiver has sound drops, not to mention the remote actions are snail like. Done all the DTV stuff. Reboots, switched remotes, changed HDMI to all other setups. Didn`t work. But no problems on my 2 D12 boxes. Why can`t DTV admit when it screws up?

H21 here...In the past few months I've definitely noticed audio dropouts and short term distorted sound on the XM audio channels. I always assumed it was because I pointed my dish myself, but I have signal levels in the mid 90s, so who knows...

....fortunately I guess I won't have to deal with that anymore once DirecTV takes my XM away!

I'm having this issue on a 2 week old HR22 connected thru HDMI to my TV. It's only happened twice so far, both times on one of my local stations (ABC the first time, NBC the second). I got the sound to come back both times by pressing a button on the remote that made the receiver make the "that button doesn't do anything here dummy" bong noise. The first time it was just a stroke of luck, I was pressing buttons frantically trying to get the volume to come up, and hit something, heard the dong then sound was back to normal. The second time, I just hit the volume buttons to make sure it wasn't turned down, then hit the skip forward button. Again, it bonged, then sound was back to normal.

I have the same problem here in N. Ohio. The H21 receiver has sound drops, not to mention the remote actions are snail like. Done all the DTV stuff. Reboots, switched remotes, changed HDMI to all other setups. Didn`t work. But no problems on my 2 D12 boxes. Why can`t DTV admit when it screws up?

My sound issue has resolved and my remote speeds are as good as before.

For me the worst is NBC (probably cuts out 10% of the time) but it also happens on Fox and ABC. Emailed and they told me first it was an issue with my locals and not under their control then just this week when I complained again they said that as far as they knew the issue was fixed on Jan 25th and if I was still having problems to let them know and they would send me up the chain...did that and no response. I live in Northern MI.

I also have audio drop-outs. Seems only on HD channels and Speed-HD does it the worst on my HR21-200. Resets, power cycles do not help. It has been doing it several months. It is getting very annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)