Sound dropping out of HD OTA channel

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, I have a 722 DVR/HD rec. and it works well except in 1 area. I get the locals, but Dish doesn't offer them in HD. I had trouble with another 722 dropping the sound out on various chs. & returned it for another 722. All was well until tonight @ 8 PM when "Prison Break" came on Fox- (ch. 29 here). The sound dropped out almost every minute for about 1/2-1 second.

I use a roof ant. to get the locals in HD and all of them except for Fox are OK with no dropouts. The sig. strength was about 80% & at times when the sound dropped out I noticed some tiling in the picture. The last time I had this problem after I swapped out the 1st 722 for the 2nd unit I found out Dish had a software update to address the problem.

Did anyone in the West Palm Beach, FL area have this problem tonight? It appears it may be the Fox ch., but perhaps not. I split the signal so 1 feed went directly to the TV. It made no difference as the TV & the 722 both dropped the sound out at times. I realize it's probably the Fox ch. here in West Palm, but if anyone knows something about this problem I'd like to hear from you.

I am calling Dish in the morning & the Fox channel's local office. I hope this can be fixed fast. After watching shows in HD vs. the crummy SD sig. I get for locals from Dish I would hate to watch one of my favorite shows in SD.

The difference in PQ from non HD locals to HD OTA locals is like day and night. :confused:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)