sound help

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
alright, I must admit, I'm not too smart when it comes to sound. I bought a 5.1 receiver, speakers, and all a few years ago. It sounds nice, but it is only running through the receiver via component. The red and white plugs are plugged into it. Am I not getting 5.1 because of optical cord? What cord do I need if I'm not getting 5.1?

alright, I must admit, I'm not too smart when it comes to sound. I bought a 5.1 receiver, speakers, and all a few years ago. It sounds nice, but it is only running through the receiver via component. The red and white plugs are plugged into it. Am I not getting 5.1 because of optical cord? What cord do I need if I'm not getting 5.1?
You need the optical cord

yep, I know about monoprice, get all my cables there. just making sure I need one and its the right thing. thanks a ton :)

No need to spend that much if you can't see the pretty stuff. Product ID 3395 would work, but Product ID 1447 will allow you to get some separation between the receivers.

I heartily recommend (as does DISH Network) against perching your ViP622 on top of an audio receiver or amplifier. You're pumping heat into something that really can't stand the heat. You should also review your AV receiver documentation with regard to areas around it that need to be avoided due to high levels of EM.

The problem is I have no where else to place it. That is where the installer placed it as well

The problem is I have no where else to place it. That is where the installer placed it as well
You need to find another place, seriously. Audio amps generate a good amount of heat. You will fry your Dish receiver (if not both) if you don't! Time to think outside the box as far as equipment placement is concerned. The installer should of at least told you it was a bad idea. IT IS!

is it fine to put on top of the subwoofer or is that another bad idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts