Sound issues

Cranked

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I have a 622 and a 211. At first, I had the TV2 from the 622 connected to my bedroom tv via a coax cable and the sound on my tv was really low on the lowest setting.

Now I switched it so that the 211 is hooked to the bedroom tv via component cables and the sound on my tv on the lowest setting is much louder than it was before. Not that it is really loud or anything, but its loud enough so that you cant really fall asleep watching tv.

I guess I just dont understand why switching the boxes would make it so I cant turn the sound down to where it was before. I looked all through the settings on both the tv and the 211 and couldnt find anything that would help.

If anyone knows why this would happen or if it happened to you, any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I have a 622 and a 211. At first, I had the TV2 from the 622 connected to my bedroom tv via a coax cable and the sound on my tv was really low on the lowest setting.

Now I switched it so that the 211 is hooked to the bedroom tv via component cables and the sound on my tv on the lowest setting is much louder than it was before. Not that it is really loud or anything, but its loud enough so that you cant really fall asleep watching tv.

I guess I just dont understand why switching the boxes would make it so I cant turn the sound down to where it was before. I looked all through the settings on both the tv and the 211 and couldnt find anything that would help.

If anyone knows why this would happen or if it happened to you, any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sounds (no pun intended) like a quirk in your TV the way it handles RCA audio.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but mine is to a sound issue that may relate. I installed a ViP722 around a month ago. HDMI output to a sony 32" LCD. TV volume was always at 18-22 which was fine. it seems overnight a problem began by the volume at 20 was so low I could hardly hear the dialog, I needed to increase volume to 40. A week has gone by and no change. Any ideas?

They were supposed to equal out the volume between the hd and sd channels with this latest software update according to some people who have been posting here. I think everything sounds lower and I have to turn up my sound EXCEPT on Commercials. They still sound louder than any other part of the programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts