Sound Like A Good Deal??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

paja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Orland Park, IL
My 18 month commitment with DISH is up on 8-8-08. I currently have a 622 hooked up to my two televisions upstairs in my home. On the television in my downstairs family room I have the 222. I received in the mail a card stating I could upgrade to a hd dvr for $50.00. I called the number listed. The csr I spoke with stated she hoped she could keep me as a DISH customer. I assume she must have read the record of calls they keep because when VOOM was shut off, I called and said I was going to consider leaving when my commitment was up. That call was right after VOOM was turned off, not on this call.

She said she would upgrade my 222 to a 612 for no charge. I would have to sign a 24 month commitment. In addition, I would get three months of a $39.00 credit spread out with the first month being right away, then another at 12 moths and one at the end. I'm really considering taking this offer( she said I don't have to act right away). Other than the VOOM debacle(MONSTERS HD was one of my faves) I have no complaints, the service has been excellent. How does this offer sound?? Anyone get similar offers??

I'm trying to figure out why you would trade in a receiver that is probably connected to two tv's for one that will only work one properly? The 612 is set for one tv out, you can hook it up to two tv's but both will be viewing the same program.

I wouldnt take the deal, i bet if you initiate the call to cancel and go the retention route you will get something better

I called ready to leave (as I had a great offer from Comcast for 12 months) once my commitment was up back in Feb, and I got a great deal, granted i wasnt getting new equipment as part of it, but they gave me bill credits for the next 12 months to keep my bill for HD Essentials and Top 200 w/DVR advantage for $49.99/month with NO new commitment.

Made me happy.

Since your 222 was servicing one TV and you have no plans to add another, it is a very good deal. No way you are going to get anything without commitment.

Since your 222 was servicing one TV and you have no plans to add another, it is a very good deal. No way you are going to get anything without commitment.

Yes, the 222 was on the MITS 60805 which is in my family room. No other sets on that floor nor will I add another. I will be getting a new set( still debating over a MITS 65835, A Sammy 76A750 or a 52 inch LCD) to replace the 60805 soon. The 622 I have is in my upstairs bedroom and on a set in another bedroom I have set up as a sitting room. Thanks for the input!!-Everyone!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts