Sound & Vision Mag. poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What's the point? Are they getting impatient waiting for Voom to announce its latest subscriber numbers? I think the chances of getting everyone to answer are pretty slim, so I'll just stick with whatever numbers the companies announce.

Hey folks check out the Sound and Vision forum. It is run by one of our members BarneyPoo. :) (He is just Barney at S&V) :D

Great magazine and nice forum!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey folks check out the Sound and Vision forum. It is run by one of our members BarneyPoo. :) (He is just Barney at S&V) :D

Great magazine and nice forum!
It IS a great magazine. I just subscribed. It's only $1.00 per issue by subscription OR $.90 if you subscribe for 2 years.

B00005N7XG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gee, that poll is not too biased is it? LOL. Voom is Zooming ahead with only 26K subs.

I do wish the poll would let you pick more then one provider.

I have 3 of them myself.

VOOM
Dish Network
ExpressVu

DarrellP said:
Gee, that poll is not too biased is it? LOL. Voom is Zooming ahead with only 26K subs.

Yes, and no. Sound and Vision readers tend to be into the audio and video-phile end of things, so voomers are a perfect match for the magazine. I read it cover to cover every month, and I find it very informative.

That said, I guess we did kinda stuff the ballot box. :rolleyes:

-k

I have Sound & Vision, I've had it since it was merged from 2 other rags I had and they are nowhere near audio/videophile ranking, they deal with the average Joe type equipment and you will NEVER find a bad review, is this coincidence or payoff?

Just look at how they hiped Voom and this was in the middle of it's suckiest period when the PQ was totally awful and the box very buggy. It just so happens the same issue that S & V reviewed Voom, the companion Voom CD came out in the same issue. You think some wallets weren't being greased?

All said though, I do like the magazine, I give it about a 7 out of 10 for the reviews they do.

DarrellP said:
I have Sound & Vision, I've had it since it was merged from 2 other rags I had and they are nowhere near audio/videophile ranking, they deal with the average Joe type equipment and you will NEVER find a bad review, is this coincidence or payoff?

Just look at how they hiped Voom and this was in the middle of it's suckiest period when the PQ was totally awful and the box very buggy. It just so happens the same issue that S & V reviewed Voom, the companion Voom CD came out in the same issue. You think some wallets weren't being greased?

All said though, I do like the magazine, I give it about a 7 out of 10 for the reviews they do.

Since March 04 my picture quality has only been "totally awful" for about 1 week. ANyway I think the only reason for the poll was to drum up members for that forum to sign up so they could vote.

Or you could sign up for Voom's latest offer that I just saw on an infomercial today.
Three hook ups for $1, two month free upgrade to VaVa Voom, and one year subscription to Sound and Vision magazine.

Howdy Scott & VOOMers! I've been a member at S&V forum since July 2002 which I think is around the same time Scott registered.

I've been trying to keep the gang updated with links to here.

I was an audio guy 1st but when I got my HDTV in the end of 2003 & updated my D* dish to the oval w/3LNB's a whole new world opened up. I remember just watching anything just to see HD. Thats when I discovered I knew nothing about video and got "hungry" for info about program providers etc.

Satelliteguys was suggested to me by one of the S&V forum members. I lurked for awhile & discovered there are alot of gurus here & the great "family" of folks here.

I'm still a newbee to this & there are VOOMers at S&V forum & I think its healthy having D* , E*, & VOOM. Its still strange though that alot of people don't know what VOOM is?

Honored to share this board with such fine folks. If anyone notices I may give some wrong info etc over at S&V forum, please fill free to correct me......heck, help me keep folks informed.

As more folks buy HDTV's, we are going to get real busy "helping" these folks with their questions (our "old" questions will be coming up again & again).

Don't forget though, we need a great audio to go with our HD......not only see the "flash" of an explosion but feel/hear it also......draw us in.

Again, thank you Satelliteguys & Scott, you're da man!

VOOMers, hang in there!

Barney

"video"? What's a "video"? Yes, audio rules!

Barneypoo69 said:
Howdy Scott & VOOMers! I've been a member at S&V forum since July 2002 which I think is around the same time Scott registered.

I've been trying to keep the gang updated with links to here.

I was an audio guy 1st but when I got my HDTV in the end of 2003 & updated my D* dish to the oval w/3LNB's a whole new world opened up. I remember just watching anything just to see HD. Thats when I discovered I knew nothing about video and got "hungry" for info about program providers etc.

Satelliteguys was suggested to me by one of the S&V forum members. I lurked for awhile & discovered there are alot of gurus here & the great "family" of folks here.

I'm still a newbee to this & there are VOOMers at S&V forum & I think its healthy having D* , E*, & VOOM. Its still strange though that alot of people don't know what VOOM is?

Honored to share this board with such fine folks. If anyone notices I may give some wrong info etc over at S&V forum, please fill free to correct me......heck, help me keep folks informed.

As more folks buy HDTV's, we are going to get real busy "helping" these folks with their questions (our "old" questions will be coming up again & again).

Don't forget though, we need a great audio to go with our HD......not only see the "flash" of an explosion but feel/hear it also......draw us in.

Again, thank you Satelliteguys & Scott, you're da man!

VOOMers, hang in there!

Barney

Yep, same here, Barney. Audio came first (and still does) but ever since seeing OTA HD almost 2 years ago now we got hooked. Great audio (not sure that is possible with current surround sound formats but upcoming hi-rez formats may give us what we crave) makes for great viewing.

Enjoying HDTV under-still suffering rain withdrawal-Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)