SOUNDBAR VOLUME CONTROL WITH DISH REMOTE

Fogey

Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
Purchased a Monoprice sound bar, want to control volume with one remote (the DISH unit) any suggestions. Feedback from DISH - it is NOT compatible. Brand name is listed in the program but cannot get the volume controlled.

Purchased a Monoprice sound bar, want to control volume with one remote (the DISH unit) any suggestions. Feedback from DISH - it is NOT compatible. Brand name is listed in the program but cannot get the volume controlled.

Which model remote and receiver? Most DISH remotes can be 'taught' codes from other remotes.

Does the Soundbar support HDMI-ARC? If so, connecting it to your ARC input on your TV means your TV remote codes can control the volume. That is what I do on my TVs with Soundbars.

I've found its hit and miss. My remote had no problem with Vizio soundbars. My Paradigm is a different matter. Although it shows Paradigm in the setup process it doesn't work. And it shows it has learned the commands when using that method, but they still don't work.

I use a Sony TV and Soundbar through ARC, Dish remote controls it fine. The remote has a setting in the menu to do it if I remember correctly...one of the options is control volume with the remote as a function...search around in the Hopper 3 menus for it.

I use a Sony TV and Soundbar through ARC, Dish remote controls it fine. The remote has a setting in the menu to do it if I remember correctly...one of the options is control volume with the remote as a function...search around in the Hopper 3 menus for it.

I think most folks who have the HDMI option have found that ARC works. My Paradigm Soundscape doesn't have HDMI input. But since I generally use a Logitech Harmony 650, which controls everything, its really a moot point for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)