Sounds Drop Out

itsonthedish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
Does anyone have the annoying problem of sound just cutting out on a recorded program? Usually it happens during an important part of the dialogue too. Its really getting aggrevating.

I hope Charly and CO realize that the 522 is a big peice of garbage they foisted on us unsuspecting new subscribers.

Everyone who has a 522 has this problem. Except for the people on the customer support line who all say they have the same system and don't have any problems. I'm waiting for one of them to swap receivers with me.

My sound and color usally drop out when a one or more commonly when 2 timers fire in the background while I am watching a pre-recorded event. Only fix I have found is to stop the event and return to live TV then resume watching the pre-recorded event. I hardly ever get though a night 2-3 hours of viewing without at least one color or audio drop out occuring. Its just become a habit I have set up a macro on my MX-700 to drop me out to live tv and then back to the PVR Event list so that I can resume the event with as little interuption as possible. Now is that sad or what!!!

I just switched from DirecTV to Dish this past Sunday because of I wanted to have the ability to view TV in another room. I was attracted to Dish because of the appeal of the features of the 522. After only 2 days I started experiencing the A/V sync problems, popping/beeping sounds, color fading to B&W and loss of audio. I just spoke with tech support and they suggested doing a reset. He wouldn't go into any further debug steps because I wasn't in front of my TV (I called from work). So I have a couple questions.
1. What other debug steps can I take
2. is the new software L2.06 supposed to fix these problems

Am I going to be sorry I changed?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)