Soundstage Channel... I mean Rave

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I like Rave, and this is a channel that the more they beef up the better it gets. However some gripes I have with this channel are the fact that it's 99% soundstage, even their "Rave Video Mix" hours tend to be 50% Soundstage clips. Who actually produces Soundstage? Who produces the content on Rush? Who produces/converts the real music videos for showing on Rave?

The reason I'm asking is if any of the three are produced inhouse by Rainbow Media (like HDNews crews), why can't they head out to some concert in Madison Square Garden and grab a live concert? Someone that isn't necessarily contemporary pop mainstream, or classic music like Sherly Crow or Cindy Lauper, more like Korn or 50 cent? Maybe they want the big $$$, but I'm sure you can grab some of today's more modern stars who's last album took a dump, and offer them additional exposure by doing their concert in HD.

Then after showing that concert on Rave for a while, Rainbow Media could sell that content to INHD or HDNet for a good price. Also more actual videos on the Rave Music Mix, no need to play SOundstage on the video mix, and no reason why you can't have a music mix hour at night, not just Soundstage.

I mainly post at work, I type pretty damn fast too, if you could somehow measure the posts from home, it would drop down to about 150-250 during primetime hours.. heh..

Also

50 Cent would be great, especially a HD broadcast of him getting shot and surviving. It would also mean variety. I don't have his CD's or anything, but Kyle Lovitt 8 days in a row? Come on now..

Sound stage is a PBS production out of Chicago. They all first appeared on PBS first. Not original VOOM Productions.

No wonder their selection of artists is so.. meh... PBS is funded by donations by you... where you=old people.

But they don't show Soundstage exclusively. . . For God's sake Voom - the man wants Korn! Get someone to a show with an HD camera or two. Please? Hell, ya can even put 50 Cent on, I'll watch. Get me a Kid Rock show and I will marry Voom.

I don't care what it is, I'm not particular a big Korn fan, but I know they put on a great show. So does Stain'd, it's not underground bands, but enough to attract people to the show. Korn and Stain'd's last albums didn't sell as expected I think, that's a good place to start!

Dvlos said:
I don't care what it is, I'm not particular a big Korn fan, but I know they put on a great show. So does Stain'd, it's not underground bands, but enough to attract people to the show. Korn and Stain'd's last albums didn't sell as expected I think, that's a good place to start!
Agreed. They could probably get some bands that stress the quality of their sound to go along with it, too. Here I'm thinking more along the lines of Tool or A Perfect Circle, even Radiohead (although I'd probably skip that one myself!).

More Terrible Ted! :clap Less Country Jed! :down
Bring to us Motorhead! :music And deliver us from Grateful Dead! :sleeo
Keep your Burt Bacharach and Tori Amos! :wave Give us Megadeth and Tad Morose! :cool:

It's time to Turn up the Volume!!!

Tool, Megadeath, Perfect Circle would also be great additions... i just get the feeling the folks at Soundstage and Rave are probably targeting Kenny G and Michael Bolton instead :(

They are acquiring these fairly quickly, I noticed in the Voom guide that they already have Lisa Marie Presley on and it was just on Soundstage as a new production recently.

I caught a clip of Lucinda Williams the other night, man what a strange broad she is. What genre is her music? I loved the guitar work her lead was playing but her voice is so weird, like a Southern twang but very punk like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)