Soundstage NOT 5.1 in Phila. PA area

boothman

Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
I e-mailed comcast why PBS Soundstage is broadcast in 2.0 stereo rather than 5.1 surround. No response. Could this be local channel 12 's fault or cable head-end problem. I can't pick up channel off air to compare sound format. comcast coatesville area

I e-mailed comcast why PBS Soundstage is broadcast in 2.0 stereo rather than 5.1 surround. No response. Could this be local channel 12 's fault or cable head-end problem. I can't pick up channel off air to compare sound format. comcast coatesville area

I'm very sure this is the local station not sending the 5.1 sound as Comcast just passes the signal given to them. This signal includes both the audio and video as one single signal so Comcast would need to go out of their way to re-encode the signal with a 2.0 mix or go out of their way and downmix the feed from 5.1 into stereo sound. That is more costly and requires people and time compared to just letting it be. So with all of this said I believe your local station is the problem. Its just like a local NBC station not flipping the switch and people calling the cable company because of it when the cable company cannot do anything about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)