SOUNDSTAGE (PBS-HD): Season 2: Yes: The 35th Anniversary Crowe 10pm EDT

We probably won't see these for another 6 months or so on Voom. (my guess). I just hope my local PBS shows this, they are so lame, they go off the air at 11 pm and show Soundstage on the Analog channel at 11 pm.

Season 1 shown in VOOM:

• Trace Adkins
  • Travis Tritt Lyle Lovett Randy Newman Mark Isham
  • Tori Amos
  • Michael McDonald
  • Peter Cetera & Amy Grant
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  • Wilco Sonic Youth
  • Chris Isaak Raul Malo
  • Farm Aid 2003

Not Yet on VOOM:
  • Lucinda Williams Kasey Chambers
  • Alison Krauss + Union Station
  • John Hiatt and the Goners Dar Williams Robinella and the CCString Band

Season 2 (started in June):

• Fleetwood Mac Live in Boston
  • Sheryl Crow
  • Ronald Isley & Burt Bacharach
  • Alanis Morissette
  • Lisa Marie Presley & Peter Wolf
  • Cyndi Lauper
  • Joan Baez Gillian Welch Nickel Creek
  • Counting Crows & Shelby Lynne
  • Dan Fogelberg
  • Steve Winwood
  • 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts & Kris Kristofferson
  • Lindsey Buckingham w/special guest Stevie Nicks

Gillian Welch is the only artist I'm dying to see in season 2. Unfortunately she has to share the bill with two other lame acts. Lisa Marie Presley? WTF is that all about?

I'd love to see some edgier acts, like PJ Harvey. Way too much of an emphasis on adult contemporary.

Odys said:
Gillian Welch is the only artist I'm dying to see in season 2. Unfortunately she has to share the bill with two other lame acts. Lisa Marie Presley? WTF is that all about?

I'm certainly NOT a fan of Lisa Marie, but the synopsys does sound interesting:

Singer/songwriter—and daughter of Elvis—Lisa Marie Presley introduces audiences to her debut album, To Whom It May Concern, in an introspective, candid, and compelling performance. Joined onstage by singer/songwriter Shelby Lynne, the two sing a stimulating duet of the Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Other songs reveal the modest, human side of Presley and hint at the weight she has carried as heiress to the family legacy.

Who knows? Might be ok.

My local has it in MA! Sweet.... and I just watched it. Excellent show but we're all getting older. :shocked

Stevie Nicks sure got fat!!! She used to be such a doll now she's all pigged up! But her voice is still sweet.

Maybe...

...she swapped her cleptomania for an eating disorder? She was notorious for her ailments in the 80's. But you are right, she was a "looker" back then. ;)

From the guide info, it sounds like this Part 1 is the same as the other that's been showing on Rave, does anyone know? I set it to record on my DVD recorder just in case. Anyone know when Part 2 is coming?

I haven't watch the one on Rave but I want to know if this is the same as it was shown on Rave as well. I will be playing today at 8pm EST tonight. I won't be home to watch.

DarrellP said:
From the guide info, it sounds like this Part 1 is the same as the other that's been showing on Rave, does anyone know? I set it to record on my DVD recorder just in case. Anyone know when Part 2 is coming?

Part 2 is coming next week.

It was not the Rave version, it was specifically for PBS. Cheryl made a comment about it at the start of the show but she also commented on how toned down it would be for the "PBS crowd".

Lisa Marie was on PBS last night, but it was too late for me to stay up so I recorded it, I'll check it out tonight and catch it in HD when it's on Rave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)