Soupy Sales has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
His real name was Milton Supman. While born in North Carolina, he grew up in Huntington and considered it his home town. Loyal Marshall graduate and fan.

There are several stories about his name, but the one I like is that, he was called "Soupy" as a knickname from his HS days. When he got a job in radio in the late 40s in Huntington, he also had to sell ads time. He answered the ad department line "this is Soupy, sales."

We need to quietly sneak into our parents' bedroom and find pictures of Abraham Lincoln with a 5 on it and send it in to him!

RIP Soupy. You were my favorite "square".

He will be missed. But, sorry to say, I thought he passed long ago.

Watched some of Soupy's shows on youtube, awesome, the people behind the scenes, they had to be a blast to work with , as well. Though it was suppose to be a kid's show, I think adults enjoyed, maybe more.

I remember seeing him on some of the older game shows. My brother used to live in Huntington and he told me a long time ago that he delivered a pizza to him.

I almost feel like I want to buy a lemon meringue pie and hit myself in the face with it. The good part is that I eat to eat it soon after....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)