Source for a weatherproof enclosure

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrfuda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
San Antonio, TX, USA
I'm moving to the house nextdoor (long story, as detailed here...) and am taking my Dish install with me (500 and 300). The new house and old house both have nice weatherproof enclosures where all the various cables are connected together and grounded (Both my incoming sat signal and my in-home "distro" system pass through here).

In the new house, this box is located further from the ideal mounting/entrance location for my dishes and OTA antenna, so I'm considering a second box, however, I cannot figure out where to find one. I've looked locally and searched the web for "weatherproof enclosure," "weatherproof box," "demark," and various combinations of them and can't find anything. Am I using the wrong terms?

I use an outside lawn sprinker timer control box from Home Depot. They are about 11" X 16" X 4". They were on sale last fall for $2 so I bought 3. It will hold a DPP44 switch just fine with room to spare. It even has 3 rubber gromets at the bottom that you can feed your cables through and will prevent wasps from entering. I believe the manufacturer was Ritetime. If I can find a picture I will post it.

Thanks guys.

wow, those sprinklet boxes sounf like the exact things that are on the houses now, I'll have to give 'em a try.

Randall, thanks for the link. If the sprinkler boxes are unavailable or otherwise unsuitable, I'll give hometech a try. Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the box I use for my switch.

Attachments

• Sat 002 (Medium).jpg
    Sat 002 (Medium).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 478
  • Sat 004 (Medium).jpg
    Sat 004 (Medium).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 438
  • Sat 005 (Medium).jpg
    Sat 005 (Medium).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 366
Dishpointer said:
I use an outside lawn sprinker timer control box from Home Depot. They are about 11" X 16" X 4". They were on sale last fall for $2 so I bought 3. It will hold a DPP44 switch just fine with room to spare. It even has 3 rubber gromets at the bottom that you can feed your cables through and will prevent wasps from entering. I believe the manufacturer was Ritetime. If I can find a picture I will post it.
Thats the exact one I use...except I only paid $1. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)