Source for H20-100s?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lynskyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Houston, Texas
Has anyone here found a source for the H20-100 other than directly from DirecTv?
Everywhere I look all I see are H20-600s.

Thanks.

Have you called Robert @ ValueElectronics.com (banner above)? If not there Crutchfield sells them too, just call and ask them as well. Only the people that can actually see or touch the inventory will know.

Crutchfield: 18889556000
Item #637H20
$100

Last edited:
From 1994 - 2003 every manufacturer designed their own DIRECTV receivers from the ground up. But when News Corp took over their vision was a standard user interface and remote control for every box, so customers and their CSR could more easily support the products.

So LG, Philips, Samsung, Thomson and Humax all build the same box to DIRECTV's specifications.
100=RCA/Thompson
200=Samsung
300=Phillips
400=Hughes
500=Humax
600=LG
so your H-20-600 would be mfg. by LG.

Called Value and all they have are 600s. Has anyone been able to get an H20-100 that didn't come directly from DirecTv? I called "Advanced Technical Support" about getting a replacement and they said they couldn't guarantee I would even get an H20! I asked them what other receiver does MPEG4 and they said, "Well, since you already have that we probably would replace it with another H20 but we can't be sure which manufacturer it will be." ARGGGHH!

Lynskyn,
Sometimes I wish I had a -600 again. Like every time I want to watch CBS-HD over the air and can't, because the tuner in my -100 doesn't deal with weak signals as well as my -600 did. But whenever I'm trying to find something in the guide, I'm glad I have a -100. Why can't one of these STB mfgs get it right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)