South Asian Channel packages

shetaan819

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
San Francisco
Scott, would it be possible for you to get this message to those responsible for International or South Asian programming at Dish Network ??!

I believe these two individuals work on that team however I couldnt find their contact info...

- Tarun Kshetrapal, Associate Director – South Asian Services
- Farooq Shamshudeen, international programme manager, South Asian services

Anyone who knows about South Asian programming knows that 90% of the programming available on the channels that most providers have (Zee, Sony, Star) usually consists of soap operas (or 'serials' as they're called)...

Dish network however has done an excellent job of expanding beyond the typical channel lineup that most providers offer and also offers other programming such as channels dedicated to Bollywood music/movies as well as newly introduced general entertainment/comedy channels...

Unfortunately, these new general entertainment/comedy channels (NDTV Imagine, SAB) aren't being offered in any other package other than the 'Hindi mega pack' which is the most expensive package. I understand that you would like to reward those whom pay for your most expensive package however this doesn't make any sense from a programming perspective.

For viewers whom aren't interested in the typical programming that is offered on all of those other South Asian channels in that package, it doesn't make sense to pay $54.99/mo. for just those two channels.

Why not offer these channels 'a-la-carte' or in a package so that others can at least have the option of paying for these channels ?

Also, I'm surprised that there hasn't been an effort made to package all of the Bollywood channels together in a package (ZeeCinema, SonyMax, B4U Music, B4U Movies). I would think this would be an easy sell from a marketing perspective however I appreciate that these channels are offered a-la-carte.

Anyways, thanks for continually adding new channels as no one even comes close to the wide variety of South Asian programming that is offered on DishNetwork.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)