South Bend Local Channel 69-01

RichBrubaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Can anyone offer some info on why WMYS channel 69 doesn't show menu info on my 722 receiver? I have rescanned my locals recently with no luck.

Thanks!

Here in Milwaukee, channel 10 (WMVS) has 8 subchannels, and none of them show up when scanned, however that same cable, when plugged into the tv by itself, the channels show up; they used to appear when scanned. I even tried entering them in manually. This seems like the same issue.

I get it on my 722. It just says digital service and that is it on the guide.
Do you subscribe to locals via Dish??? If so, do you get channel 69-0???? If not, you will only get Digital Service in the guide as they don't provide (or allow you to use the PSIP Data in the signal) to get guide information of the 722. If you get channel 69-0 via dish, you should get the guide data for 69-1 as that would be the same channel except the Digital OTA Channel (unless my understanding of the channel numbering is off).

I know I have several channels that all we get is Digital Service in the guide. They are channels that Dish does NOT carry or are channels that are on a bird that we can't see with our dish.

Geoff

yes i get locals for dish but for some reason I don't get 69-0 just 69-01
Based on what you have said, Dish probably doesn't carry 69-0 (not sure what it is, but I know we have several stations that we get via antenna that we can't get on dish). 69-1 is going to be an OTA channel you pick up with your antenna. Unfortunately, there is no way to get guide information for this type situation.

Geoff

Any ideas why it's not working with my setup?

There was a discussion in a thread (unfortunately I can't find it now), that talked about a problem of signal lock on OTA channels because a map-down or something was missing from the signal. That could be one possibility.

Another possibility is that the tuner in the 722 is too sensitive to pick up the channel where the tuner in the TV will pick it up and lock on it (it may be too weak of a signal for the 722 to pick up).

Just some thoughts,
Geoff

There was a discussion in a thread (unfortunately I can't find it now), that talked about a problem of signal lock on OTA channels because a map-down or something was missing from the signal. That could be one possibility.

Another possibility is that the tuner in the 722 is too sensitive to pick up the channel where the tuner in the TV will pick it up and lock on it (it may be too weak of a signal for the 722 to pick up).

Just some thoughts,
Geoff

Thanks for your advice, it may be an internal issue with the 622. We live very close to the broadcast towers, and we have a very powerful roof-mounted antenna. I even tried manually entering it into the local channel setup screen too. May have to get another replacement receiver, making it my 6th one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)