South eastern drought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta was told this morning that Lake Lanier (where most of Atlanta's water comes from) has 70-80 days of water left in it. Of course that's if the Army Corps of Engineers keeps the floodgates open to send water to the "endangered" mussells in Florida. (Which are going to die anyway when the lake runs out of water.)
Now now. The Tree hugging Libs have to be politically correct and keep those mussels alive regardless of you thirsting to death.

I think you are right. 20/20 will tell you the FACTS. Not just a bunch of hot air.

We must have global cooling here in Kansas, we've had below average summer temperatures and above average rainfall. For the last several years, summers have been alot nicer than in the past. We used to have summers with 30-35 days in a row with 100+ temps, but not for several years. I hardly ran my sprinkler system this year.

global climate change is a better term than global warming; as part of the arugument is the presence of drastic changes in weather; like extremely cold periods; or dry like in the south; or 70 degree weather in the Northeast in January (remember that a mere 10 months ago) followed by abnormally cold weather in March... etc... its just not that simple.

We have been getting rain all week last week and this week. Much needed rain because it has been pretty dry all year.

Even with the rain we've had down here over the last few days water flow out of the lake still alot for lanier and things are heating up with the governer's of Georgia and Alabama.

Seems like too little is being done until it is too late. People waiting until the last minute to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts