south texas/rio grande valley "moving"

thenight11

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
so im tryin to decide which area to "move to" san antonio,houston or dallas , my question is which of the three if any would i be able to recieve being that im located in deep south texas..thanks:D

From deep south TX I believe you can either get the McAllen spotbeam or a national network (Denver, Atlanta, etc). The bad news for "movers" is that the few remaining national networks appear to be moving to spotbeams. This will limit "movers" to those areas that have overlapping spotbeams - not so much of that in deep south TX.

I'm not sure how one defines fringe, but according to the map you provided, Cameron county (the southern most in the state) and the two adjoining counties are all outside the footprint ellipse.

If they qualify as fringe, then great! I would venture that Corpus Christi would also be do-able.

Those circles are the dB levels for standard size dish reception, that is why I suggested an oversized (30 inch) parabolic (single lnb) dish for areas just outside the circle.

ill def try san antonio then ..finally could read the replies darn time warner internet was in and out the last days...thanks for the help..im in hidalgo county..weslaco to be exact

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts