Southeastern sky

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

usmaak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Hi,

I live near Chicago. I have a Dish 1000 pointing toward the southwest. My signal for all my local channels and pretty much anything else HD hovers around 45. I've had Dish out a couple of times to try and get it adjusted, because any time we get any kind of clouds with height to the SW, the signal goes out. But neither of the guys that have come out have been able to squeeze more signal out of it.

While driving around today, I noticed that there are many dishes on rooves in my neighborhood and others that are pointing toward the southeast, instead of the southwest. I'd always thought that the dish had to point to the southwest in order to receive channels.

So what's the deal with southeast? Would I be able to get a better signal if I was looking toward the southeast?

So what's the deal with southeast? Would I be able to get a better signal if I was looking toward the southeast?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

Eastern arc has not impressed me.. Signals seem to be a bit lower than the western arc. Not sure what's up, but the 61.5 sat seems to have a lower signal than it's counterpart the 129 on the western arc.. Could just be because it's old and needs to be replaced.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

Eastern arc has not impressed me.. Signals seem to be a bit lower than the western arc. Not sure what's up, but the 61.5 sat seems to have a lower signal than it's counterpart the 129 on the western arc.. Could just be because it's old and needs to be replaced.
Does Dish own any satellites that aren't old? I've heard the same thing about 129.

Does Dish own any satellites that aren't old? I've heard the same thing about 129.

129W and 110W both have new satellites in use withing the past year and a half. 119W will get a new one next year iirc. EA was created using older spare satellites and purchasing/leasing other unused satellites. A new EA satellite was recently launched and placed in operation with another to follow very soon and another in the build stage. There are sometimes more than one satellite in operation at one location to use all available transponders licensed to that location. The newer satellites tend to be more powerful and can handle the entire load at a single location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts